Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions On A Range Cart Or Wagon?

I recently had knee surgery and according to the Doc. my troubles have just started..... so I'm looking for a range cart or wagon to haul around my gear at matches (to reduce weight bearing pressure... and guarntee I'll have a place to sit. Without one PASA Park for example would be murder.

I don't shoot long guns... but by the time I pack a small cooler, 300 or 400 230 grain .45s, a couple of pistols, and maybe a small folding chair or stool.. etc. the weight adds up.

I've tried a small 2 wheel luggage cart... but the wheels are so small that it's useless in heavy grass, gravel, or sand.

My only other critera is that it must be small enough (or collapsible) to fit into a car trunk.

Does anyone have a great suggestions????????????

Thanks.

I recently had knee surgery and according to the Doc. my troubles have just started..... so I'm looking for a range cart or wagon to haul around my gear at matches (to reduce weight bearing pressure... and guarntee I'll have a place to sit. Without one PASA Park for example would be murder.

I don't shoot long guns... but by the time I pack a small cooler, 300 or 400 230 grain .45s, a couple of pistols, and maybe a small folding chair or stool.. etc. the weight adds up.

I've tried a small 2 wheel luggage cart... but the wheels are so small that it's useless in heavy grass, gravel, or sand.

My only other critera is that it must be small enough (or collapsible) to fit into a car trunk.

Does anyone have a great suggestions????????????

Thanks.

Check out the "Rugged Gear" shooting cart, www.ruggedgear.com

Edited by Stage 3

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=91240

I just bought this one...easily holds a cooler and range bag. Real pneumatic tires. Since its PVC wont rust, is lightweight and still holds up to 300 pounds. I'm 6'2", 210 lbs and sit on the cooler with no problem. Since the axles are so close to the edge of the wagon, it doesnt tilt when I "plop" down on it.

http://www.billt.com/harborfreight.htm

Used the link above to get $5 off the total. Just cut and past the number in the coupon box when ordering, so it was $53 delivered. If these codes are expired when you get around to it, I'm sure a google for "Harbor Freight Coupon Codes" will turn up new ones...took about a week to get to NC from wherever it shipped.

I also went to Home Depot and got a pin with quick disconnect pin to put on/take off the handle. It fits in the back of a Jeep Wrangler, but you might need a bungy cord to hold your trunk lid down depending on the size of your trunk.

Edited by CDRODA396

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=91240

I just bought this one...easily holds a cooler and range bag. Real pneumatic tires. Since its PVC wont rust, is lightweight and still holds up to 300 pounds. I'm 6'2", 210 lbs and sit on the cooler with no problem. Since the axles are so close to the edge of the wagon, it doesnt tilt when I "plop" down on it.

This is the type that we use, but without the stake sides.

RePete.

.40AET--- What is a jogger??????????

Around here is a person who runs pretty slow ....just for fun.

That's good. :D If you have kids, you probably have a jogger. It's a rugged stroller for running slow.

Jogger

Edited by .40AET

Look at the aluminum fishing cart at Cabella"s. I have one a friend of mine and I used at the AMU 3 Gun this year. Had plenty of room for all of our gear and guns. Large wheels cruise right thru the mud or sand. You can make a rack out of PVC pipe to hold long guns upright and have room for range bags and a small cooler.

Look at craigslist.com and find a jogger. I bought a brand new one for $40 and removed all the stuff I didnt need. for about $75 I have a decent folding range cart.

daves158.jpg

Now if I only teach my cat to use his tail as a magbrush I will be set.

Look at craigslist.com and find a jogger. I bought a brand new one for $40 and removed all the stuff I didnt need. for about $75 I have a decent folding range cart.

daves158.jpg

Now if I only teach my cat to use his tail as a magbrush I will be set.

Where did you get the long gun clamps?

I bought them at Academy sporting goods but you can probably get them at whatever sporting goods retailer you have in your area. Dont buy the cheap $14 that I tried at first. they stripped out in about 3 hours at Texas 3 gun. Pay the extra money and get good ones and you will be much happier.

A question on the $99.00 walmart jogger. My local stores do not have this model in stock, and I am wondering if someone can give me some help on their's to see if my equipment fits.

I have a Shooters Tournament Series Range bag 23" x 17" x 11", and a Igloo Playmate 16 Quart 15" x 10" x 14" triangle topped cooler that I am looking to put on this cart. I would like to put the cooler on the bottom, and the range bag in the "seat" area.

Can anyone help? Thanks!