Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 3 Championship

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Hotel is the Drury Inn Rolla...but that's all I found on the Area 3 info site.

http://www.uspsa3.org/are3cham.htm

As for checkin, I'm heading out to Rolla this morning. If I can find out I"ll make sure to post it ASAP.

Thanks Josh. Please let us know and we'll see you down there. John P and I will be there tomorrow evening. Call my cell if you want to try and get together.

Chris

Hey! What about me? My Dad and I will be down there tomorrow also. Looks like it'll be a little cooler than last weekend outside.

I am Startacus...I am Startacus...I am Startacus...I am Startacus...I am Startacus...I am Startacus...

I simply ass-u-med you would call us to get together for dinner and BS session. What time are you guys planning on being there? Are you staying at the Days Inn?

Chris

Duh? You were standing there when i made the reservations! Oh, you were too busy BS'ing with my Dad. We should be there around 3-4pm, we'll call you guys about dinner.

I practiced last night for the "Manny's standards" stage. It doesnt look very good at 75 yards :( Going to practice some more right now.

Chris, call me when you get in town. We need to get together for dinner.

You register at the range. When you come up the drive on the right you'll see a small (White/cream) metal building next to an outdoor covered area, registration is in there. Manny was in there this afternoon handing out registrations so I'm all set.

I'd highly recommend checking out the stages early. They look like a lot of fun!

Duh? You were standing there when i made the reservations! Oh, you were too busy BS'ing with my Dad. We should be there around 3-4pm, we'll call you guys about dinner.

I practiced last night for the "Manny's standards" stage. It doesnt look very good at 75 yards :( Going to practice some more right now.

In case anyones having problems with getting a room, the guy I was splitting one with isnt coming. So I'll have a room at the Days Inn (1207 Kingshighway, Rolla) with 2 queen beds. I have it reserved for friday night and saturday night. Youd be looking at $30 a night to split. Non-smokers only. Give me a call if youre interested 405-833-1340. My wife says males only. :(

Hopefully, Ill get there tomorrow in time to see the pm squads run.

My blow up was first rate on the first 6 stages. The gun decided it would join me from about stage 3. I'll be sitting on the sidelines taking video for the final 5... I got a couple vids of Dave and will get some of Henning and others tomorrow. Look for them late Sat or Sun.

Good luck to the rest of the guys/ladies. There were major gun problems from a lot of people. Nancy's SV wouldn't run John's C-more flew off and I saw a Bomar explode as well as a front sight go flying.... that was all in about two hours.. Crazy. My hammers started to follow and the C-More came loose... not the mount like last time, but the sight itself... It was blue LTed a couple weeks ago. Red next time. Sigh... On a positive note, the last minute link break and the new 11th hour machined one held.

Edited by JThompson

My blow up was first rate on the first 6 stages. The gun decided it would join me from about stage 3. I'll be sitting on the sidelines taking video for the final 5... I got a couple vids of Dave and will get some of Henning and others tomorrow. Look for them late Sat or Sun.

Good luck to the rest of the guys/ladies. There were major gun problems from a lot of people. Karens SV wouldn't run John's C-more flew off and I saw a Bomar explode as well as a front sight go flying.... that was all in about two hours.. Crazy. My hammers started to follow and the C-More came loose... not the mount like last time, but the sight itself... It was blue LTed a couple weeks ago. Red next time. Sigh... On a positive note, the last minute link break and the new 11th hour machined one held.

Looks like you left me an opening,,,,Thanks Brother!!!! :cheers:

Good luck to the rest of the guys/ladies. There were major gun problems from a lot of people. Karens SV wouldn't run John's C-more flew off and I saw a Bomar explode as well as a front sight go flying.... that was all in about two hours.. Crazy. My hammers started to follow and the C-More came loose... not the mount like last time, but the sight itself... It was blue LTed a couple weeks ago. Red next time. Sigh... On a positive note, the last minute link break and the new 11th hour machined one held.

I truly hope you did better than I. I need to work on programming a stage. That was my biggest problem. My short term memory has something to be desired and I need to find a way to lock those stages in. Until I find a solution I will have problems on large stages with many views.

I would like to thank Manny for putting on a great match. It ran smooth and the stages were nothing short of superb. The match staff was top notch... right down to there being plenty of bathrooms for us to use... I can't think of any details that were left out.

Thanks Manny!

Jim

I was fairly happy with my runs. I found out that I need A LOT of help on small poppers at distance. I should have left that little bugger on stage 8 instead of blasting at it! I also had problems with the little poppers on stage 10 I think down in the hole. I missed first B limited by 8 points, a frame, and contengency money....WAAAHH! Oh well first Area match, first Major as a B shooter...I'm happy.

Edited by steel1212

I truly hope you did better than I. I need to work on programming a stage. That was my biggest problem. My short term memory has something to be desired and I need to find a way to lock those stages in. Until I find a solution I will have problems on large stages with many views.

I would like to thank Manny for putting on a great match. It ran smooth and the stages were nothing short of superb. The match staff was top notch... right down to there being plenty of bathrooms for us to use... I can't think of any details that were left out.

Thanks Manny!

Jim

I had some gun problems on stage 3 and 4, and the results will show that....Oh well. I had a great time anyhow. The stages were more challenging than what one mght think. I was hoping to meet you this match. Maybe the next one JT.

As far as the memory thing is concerned....That will come the more you become aware of what you need to be aware of.

Take care.

Steven, nice meeting you.

Corey, you beat me, and from what I saw of the scores before I left you did great. I centered that little popper on the first shot, but tanked the stage so don't feel too bad LOL.

I need a LOT of help finishing the last shot of an array, I counted 6 misses and 27 D's for the match on my sheets and you just can't do well like that. Every miss was the last shot of an array and I left before finishing the shot, and most of the D's were too. Oh well, I had an absolute BLAST.

Best stages I have EVER shot, and to have quality like that over so many stages is just amazing. It was a real treat to get back out with a Limited gun too, Open is fun but Limited is what I like most.

I needed a "Bomb Squad" t-shirt after my stage 8. Oh well, first area match, first match in A class. Got get the bugs worked out. That little, back popper was weeble-wobbling on me I swear!

At least my stage 2 and 12 will keep me happy for the long drive home. 96% on stage 2, wee-hee. First stage of the match too, talk about nerves.

Pulled a miracle on 12, both stars clean and as good as I've ever shot them.

Amazing stages. Run and gun is the whole reason I shoot this game. I love the challange of breaking the stages down and coming up with a solid plan that I can remember long enough to get the rounds off.

Good match even though I'm too depressed to reflect on my disaster of a performance. Nice job of running the match by Manny and the gang. I drove to Osceola, IA last night and was going to shoot the OOPS match today, but a monsoon changed that plan. I guess the IA Sectional in May isn't the only time in rains in the Hawkeye state.

Any word on date and place for next year's A3 match???

Stinkin' Mike Cyrwus beat me by 13 pts! LOL! It was fun shooting with him and the rest of our squad. Great match, and i shot my best with only 2 uh-ohs. I'm already looking forward to next years Area 3.

I took some good advice, and shot to survive. I was too slow, but got really good points. Good enough for 2nd C limited.

Thanks again to Manny and the crew at Cops, a wonderfull match. The Stats people did an amazing job on getting them figured and posted also.

Steven: I probably spoke with you and didn't even know it... I look forward to next time. ;)

Howard: Thanks for the offer to use your open blaster... I did appreciate the offer. :cheers:

Henning: It was great to finally meet you. :) I'm looking forward to checking out those videos I took of you. Sorry about your friend's DQ... I think that one should have been over turned in arb. He's a nice guy and I hated to hear his match end that way.

See you guys there next year.

Edited by JThompson

Steven, nice meeting you.

Corey, you beat me, and from what I saw of the scores before I left you did great. I centered that little popper on the first shot, but tanked the stage so don't feel too bad LOL.

I need a LOT of help finishing the last shot of an array, I counted 6 misses and 27 D's for the match on my sheets and you just can't do well like that. Every miss was the last shot of an array and I left before finishing the shot, and most of the D's were too. Oh well, I had an absolute BLAST.

Best stages I have EVER shot, and to have quality like that over so many stages is just amazing. It was a real treat to get back out with a Limited gun too, Open is fun but Limited is what I like most.

Yes, indeed it was nice to meet you too Howard! Your a super guy. Squad 21 was the hardest working squad I have ever had the privelage to be on, at any match.

Folks, if you haven't seen Howards 6" pistols he builds I'd suggest you do so. They are simply the best looking 6" limited guns I have ever seen. Both he and Darryl D. had them and they were flawless the whole day. I even had the chance to shoot them after the match. I was shooting at a target 15-20 yards away as fast as I could and I was hitting a 5 inch pattern, center A zone with EVERY round. I was amazed at what I was able to do with it.

I think one may be in my future....