Svi Magwell

Merlin Orr

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since Merlin likes IDPA so much, I have to ask, will it fit in the IDPA box? The reason being I still shoot some IDPA matches, I need a magwell, and I think that is the one I want to buy.

I eyeballed it up against my STI 2011 .45 that does fit in the box and it looks like it will easily. I had one on a Trojan a couple of years ago and it fit fine. I will try the box at the match this Sunday and report back. :)

IMHO it is far and away the best for pure speed and ease of hitting the opening. It loads like a fat gun with a big magwell. It is also far and away the most expensive (commonly used) magwell for a single stack out there at around $175.00 shipped.

Speed costs money...blah blah blah... ;)

Since Merlin likes IDPA so much, I have to ask, will it fit in the IDPA box? The reason being I still shoot some IDPA matches, I need a magwell, and I think that is the one I want to buy.

It fits the Box,no problem.

pat

Hey Merlin, I have the rest of the gun that goes with that magwell and it is every bit as nice as the magwell ... or even nicer!

Leo you are bad,I have seen that gun you have.

I want it :D

The SVI mag well on my TGO SPRINGFIELD fits the box and makes weight so get the rule book out and try to find something else wrong.

pat

I got a new one today and installed it on my new(est) single stack. I had forgotten how damned nice the SVI single stack magwell is... It is like a black hole.. just sucks the magazines in..... :)

117037364-M.jpg

Merlin you have to be careful of what base pads you use as some won't fit.

I use Wilson 47d's and they work fine

pat

Edited by PJONES5

I am using Tripp A8 mags :wub: and they fit with some work to the basepads. Just a touch on both sides of the mag at the front of the basepad with a polishing wheel. A small amount of the basepad needs to be removed at a 45 angle at the top of the pad and extending downward about 1/2 the distance to the bottom of the base. Just a touch and the mag slides in and out unobstructed. :)

Hey Merlin, did you do a little grinding under the trigger guard? Any chance for a better pic? I have thought of doing that to my Springfield, but haven't gotten the nerve yet.

Well...I am sure I will get castigated for my "drunken dremelman tool work" but here it is. :D This one was a lot easier to do (the mental thing) than the ones that cost over 2K....

117107457-M.jpg

Hey Merlin, did you do a little grinding under the trigger guard? Any chance for a better pic? I have thought of doing that to my Springfield, but haven't gotten the nerve yet.

I hear some might work that a little slower...using a file. Then, clean it up and polish with the D-tool ??? :)

(...that wouldn't be as fun though.)

I hear some might work that a little slower...using a file. Then, clean it up and polish with the D-tool ??? :)

(...that wouldn't be as fun though.)

That'd be me.

OK Master Wizard, fits the box with some mags. Do you have any ACT's around to tell me how they work with the magwell? I just bought a bunch of ACT's for my skinnyguns.

• 1 month later...