Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi Magwell

Merlin Orr

Will the CMC 8 and 10 rounders work with this magwell?

Yes they both will fit. The 10rds will have to have the plastic on the base pad cut just a bit on the forward end. But a pocket knife and a bit of time is all that took. I need to get pics...

Last night I got out the Kimber with the S&A mag well. OMG! I have forgoten how to reload a gun! I have to say I have not dropped a mag since putting thi s on my Les Baer. Way cool!

Ira

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Merlin,

It looks like the magwell and the MS housing are separate and possibly held together by screws.

Do you think it would be possible to remove the magwell and then re-attach it to an arched MS housing?

the magwell and ms housing are seperate, but you get both when you order the magwell. the ms housing is cut down a bit. it is held together with hex screws.

i love my stanless steel, but scratched it on installation. oh well.

lynn

As Lynn says it (the mainspring housing) has a couple of screws that are milled with a small channel for the pin to retain the magwell to the mainspring itself... The cut(s) into the mainspring housing look to me to be complex enough that I would not consider doing it myself... I called SVI back this afternoon and left a message regarding the different styles of mainspring housing available with the magwell. I say called back as I ordered another magwell this morning for my Trojan .40.

Merlin,

It looks like the magwell and the MS housing are separate and possibly held together by screws.

Do you think it would be possible to remove the magwell and then re-attach it to an arched MS housing?

SVI does offer the MSH in an arched configuration.... :)

Umm that just ain't right... lol neat idea.. but the price.. and welll.. just bad karma in my opinion!

Uhhh..I am not sure I understand...? Is the price the issue or the size or what? :huh:

Merlin,

SVI does offer the MSH in an arched configuration.... :)

Thanks!

As a side note on installation. The magwell required a bit of work with a sanding roll around the front radius to make it fit the Spartan properly. I just finished the installation of the SVI magwell on my Trojan and it required a considerable amount of sanding/dremel work to allow the front radius to properly fit up. As to the SA single stack guns I think the magwell will fit with little or no modifications needed. On STI framed single stacks the front of the grip area is squared off to a much greater amount than most other brand frames. :)

As a side note on installation. The magwell required a bit of work with a sanding roll around the front radius to make it fit the Spartan properly. I just finished the installation of the SVI magwell on my Trojan and it required a considerable amount of sanding/dremel work to allow the front radius to properly fit up. As to the SA single stack guns I think the magwell will fit with little or no modifications needed. On STI framed single stacks the front of the grip area is squared off to a much greater amount than most other brand frames. :)

Thanks Merlin, I will put on a Kimber and hopefully it'll fit. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm now convinced that I have to have one before nationals. It's going on a SA TRP, but not sure which material to go with.

What do you guys think the pros and cons are for lighter or heavier?

I think you better be careful or you won't make max allowed weight with your gun...! :D

Call SVI and get the weight of the magwell in the different materials before ordering. ;)

As far as the dimensions are concerned you have to consider the SVI is a constant 1.25 from front to rear and this dimension is good for a much longer distance. The S&A is about an inch for only a small part of the total distance from the front"lip" area to the rear. The actual target or opening for the mag to be directed into is much larger in actual opening volume as the other magwells...

129266634-M.jpg

129266671-M.jpg