Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Mom Is Ill

Nemo

Last February she had her heart's mitral valve replaced and two months after the surgery she had two consecutive mild strokes. Doctors said it was result of the blood thinners.

"Mi Mamá" was an elementary school teacher for 35 years. After these episodes she couldn't read or write. Very sad and for her, very frustrating.

My dad just called to tell me he was on the way to the hospital again because she was having another stroke, this time not that mild.

I'm very worried about my mom's health. I'm also very sad because I'm not there with her right now, although that will be fixed as soon as I can get a plane ticket to Puerto Rico.

I am a Mama's Boy. Don't even want to think how my life would be without her.

:(

Nemo I know what you are going through. My dad has been in the hospital since the first of August and still is not getting better. I cringe whenever my cell phone rings. Keep good thoughts and know that all yur friends on the forum are thinking of you and pulling for your mom.

Nelson.

I am truly sorry to hear about you mom. My prayers are with her, you and the rest of the Colon clan.

Take heart and keep your fingers crossed. My mom has wetherred two srokes and come back pretty well (given where she started ;)). Hopefully, your mom will do as well or better.

Take care. I hope to see you Saturday in St. Augustine.

Kent

Edited by XD Niner

Sorry to hear about your mom and hope she recovers soon!

My mother just passed away October 03 from COPD (lung disease). She had suffered for years of declining health problems. If you need someone to talk to, let me know, I'll be there for you, if her health improves or not. Just remember, you have a lot of friends on this board.

GlockSpeed31

Yesterday I talked to the neuro and he explained that the stroke affected a fairly large portion of the right temporoparietal area of her brain. Her speech is impaired, her eyes are looking up and to the right and she can't control them to follow. Worst yet the left side of her body is paralyzed with no sensation to touch. He said that she may never get up from bed again.

My mom went to her actual condition from last week being the Grandma that any kid would love to have, that spoiled her grandkids, that would cook for anyone that stopped by at any time. The lady that always had her home doors open to all those that were passing by and needed a coffee or lunch pit stop. The mom that always took care of those that were ill and that never forgot a birthday or to mail the Chirstmas, father's day, mother's day, easter, et al, greeting cards.

I am so sad I can't even describe it in Spanish.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your wishes and prayers. Gracias!

Nelson

I am so sorry to hear the news. She sounds like a great lady. And remember, she is still the same great lady and Mom she has always been. Now it is time for all those who stopped by for the "pit stop lunch" to give back a little.

Keep your chin up man, my prayers are there for you!!!