Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Qualifier

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to attend this match since it seems to be a great "bang" for the buck and my friend who went this year cannot stop raving about it. I shoot Limited in USPSA, so I think Standard would be the right division in IPSC.

What changes are necessary to allow my Limited gun to shoot in the IPSC Standard division? According to the rules it must fit in a certain size box. From experience, will 140mm mags with a Dawson base pads work or must the mags be of some other configuration? Is there an official box somewhere like the magazine guage used in USPSA?

Are the holster and mag belt placement the same?

Thanks

I would like to attend this match since it seems to be a great "bang" for the buck and my friend who went this year cannot stop raving about it. I shoot Limited in USPSA, so I think Standard would be the right division in IPSC.

What changes are necessary to allow my Limited gun to shoot in the IPSC Standard division? According to the rules it must fit in a certain size box. From experience, will 140mm mags with a Dawson base pads work or must the mags be of some other configuration? Is there an official box somewhere like the magazine guage used in USPSA?

Are the holster and mag belt placement the same?

Thanks

You'll need some 126mm mags, and it will need to fit the box. We have one that was made by our Canadian freinds for us. I think you can buy them online, but am not sure. Best bet would be to email USPSA and see who they reccommend. As for equipment placement, check the appendix in your rulebook for IPSC standard. I hope to see you at the match...I know Dennis had fun!!! ;)

Jeff

Plan on staying at USSA a couple more days after the Limited Nationals, and you'll be able to shoot our WS Qualifier match. Exact dates to come shortly.

I start my move in 4 more weeks! See ya there.

Phil

ADDED!

Just FYI, Limited shooters: Make sure you've got an STI magwell or smaller (so it fits in the box), 126mm max mag length and pistol worn behind the hip bone, and your ammo makes a 170 PF.

Production shooters: I'm not really sure anymore. I think the last ruling was: No internal modifications (besides polishing), 5lb first trigger pull, mags fully loaded, and factory sights (sights offered by the factory). Also, if you've got a cool race holster that you've always wanted to try, wear it! (It doesn't make a difference, but some people think otherwise). Again, I may be off a bit on these rules, since I don't shoot much production.

Open: 160PF...That's it!

Edited by gmshtr

Production shooters: I'm not really sure anymore. I think the last ruling was: No internal modifications (besides polishing), 5lb first trigger pull, mags fully loaded, and factory sights (sights offered by the factory).

Sights can now (since july 2006) be any open sights, provided you do not modify the gun to mount them (no milling of the slide). Modifying the sights to be able to mount them is ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

I just heard that Vince Pinto will be working/shooting your match. Have you heard anything or does he plan to spring it on you? Work permitting, I'm going to try to attend if for no other reason than to see if VP really has horns, fangs and cloved feet!

:lol:

Jeff,

I just heard that Vince Pinto will be working/shooting your match. Have you heard anything or does he plan to spring it on you? Work permitting, I'm going to try to attend if for no other reason than to see if VP really has horns, fangs and cloved feet!

:lol:

Yes Sir,

In fact, he is instructing an IPSC Rules Refresher for me the evening before the big match to get everybody up to speed with the differences between the USPSA and IPSC rule sets (particularly equipment rules...the dark side cometh :ph34r: ). Come on up and sit in if you like! Heck, if you are gonna come all this way, you might as well shoot the darn thing! We're linked off the USPSA Major Match Calendar. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody have any info on Rio Salado's match? Dates, anything at all?

Steve Horsemen (aka Steve H on the forum) is the guy to get in contact with...he is the MD. He told me at Area 2 that they were looking at the 3rd weekend in March at Rio. Now...this was very preliminary, so I would get in touch with him to get the skinny on it. Tulsa is planning to hold theirs after the Nationals according to Phil Strader...I believe he is the point man on that one. I just want to qualify what I am saying though, as I am the Co-MD of Targeting Education ONLY, and cannot officially speak for them. Hope this helps!!! ;)

Jeff

Anybody have any info on Rio Salado's match? Dates, anything at all?

Steve Horsemen (aka Steve H on the forum) is the guy to get in contact with...he is the MD. He told me at Area 2 that they were looking at the 3rd weekend in March at Rio. Now...this was very preliminary, so I would get in touch with him to get the skinny on it.

I hope they take a good look as I believe this is the same weekend as Derek's Steel Challenge Nationals in Florida.

Edited by TRNinTX

HI Guys, sorry for not getting to this sooner, I have have been swamped with the Western States Singe Stack match..........the Rio World shoot qualifier match will be the 3rd weekend in April.........it will be a one day format, so you will shoot all the stages in one day........we are working on the preliminary details and will be getting with some of our veteran World Match shooters to get some info.........if you guys have specific questions, you can ask or you can contact me at singlestack40@earthlink.net

Steve

Jeff,

Is there an electronic registration? It looks like for this world class event in the 21st Century I have to resort to 5000 year old technology and send paper? :o

That would be because the stats lady is OLD! :P

And yes, please send via US mail.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Statistician

Dale, my friend, I see the train coming, and I simply must warn you...There are certain things in life we MUSN"T do:

1) Look to the side when at a urinal.

2) Answer the question: "Do I look fat in this?"

3) Date a shooting buddy's sister / significant other.

4) Wear (only) a green thong at a match.

5) Use small PISTOL primers in a 38 Super.

BUT ABOVE ALL...DON"T PISS OFF THE STATS / REGISTRATION LADY!!! :ph34r:

I have learned in my time of travelling to, shooting, and officiating at major matches that the one person to fear most resides behind that computer that is keying in what division you will shoot in, what power factor you are, and more importantly WHAT YOUR REPORTED SCORES are for a match. Do not trifle with such powerful entities by making snide comments about how she decides to her job lest you wish her to bestow her wrath upon you in ways that would be deemed cruel and unusual in most modern civilizations. If you think her way of doing it is "old technology", wait until she shows you her medievil side!!! :P

Come to think of it...I am not your friend...hell, I don't even know who you. are..Linda...did you here that? I DON"T KNOW HIM!!! PRANK EMAIL...PRANK EMAIL...HE DOESN'T KNOW ME!!! :ph34r:

***Guilt by association is just as bad...Lightning and Thunder to follow shortly...

Seriously though...I don't understand the rave about electronic registration...You have to send a check ANYWAY...so you really save nothing by registering online. Heck, you even register for Nationals via snail mail. Now electronic squadding might be a different issue altogether. I think you will find that Linda will barrage you with more info than you will get from any other match. All you need do is check out the match webpage to see that. I like her personal touch in dealing with the shooters. Her ability to fulfil squadding requests is unsurpassed IMO.

Edited by Barrettone

Jeff,

Is there an electronic registration? It looks like for this world class event in the 21st Century I have to resort to 5000 year old technology and send paper? :o

That would be because the stats lady is OLD! :P

And yes, please send via US mail.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Statistician

Dear Linda,

Anyway you as Stats Lady and Registrar want to do it is A Okay with me and I will be happy to send you paper and a check. :)

Dale

Dale, my friend, I see the train coming, and I simply must warn you...There are certain things in life we MUSN"T do:

1) Look to the side when at a urinal.

2) Answer the question: "Do I look fat in this?"

3) Date a shooting buddy's sister / significant other.

4) Wear (only) a green thong at a match.

5) Use small PISTOL primers in a 38 Super.

BUT ABOVE ALL...DON"T PISS OFF THE STATS / REGISTRATION LADY!!! :ph34r:

I have learned in my time of travelling to, shooting, and officiating at major matches that the one person to fear most resides behind that computer that is keying in what division you will shoot in, what power factor you are, and more importantly WHAT YOUR REPORTED SCORES are for a match. Do not trifle with such powerful entities by making snide comments about how she decides to her job lest you wish her to bestow her wrath upon you in ways that would be deemed cruel and unusual in most modern civilizations. If you think her way of doing it is "old technology", wait until she shows you her medievil side!!! :P

Come to think of it...I am not your friend...hell, I don't even know who you. are..Linda...did you here that? I DON"T KNOW HIM!!! PRANK EMAIL...PRANK EMAIL...HE DOESN'T KNOW ME!!! :ph34r:

***Guilt by association is just as bad...Lightning and Thunder to follow shortly...

Seriously though...I don't understand the rave about electronic registration...You have to send a check ANYWAY...so you really save nothing by registering online. Heck, you even register for Nationals via snail mail. Now electronic squadding might be a different issue altogether. I think you will find that Linda will barrage you with more info than you will get from any other match. All you need do is check out the match webpage to see that. I like her personal touch in dealing with the shooters. Her ability to fulfil squadding requests is unsurpassed IMO.

Jeff, or SAKO! or Dapper Darth or whomever you happen to be today,

This is the 21st Century! If Linda likes paper then by all means I'll be happy to send paper. Don't try to make this a me against her scenario. You're the one I'm picking on here Mr. Match Director/2. :D

However, the 'rave' about electronic registration is quite simple; it makes it easier for the customer and the provider. I go online, sign up for the match and (you are going to just love this) make an electronic payment then pick my shooting times and squad. I know it sounds far fetched but this is exactly how I registered for, paid for and squadded up two years ago for a little match in Indiana. :)

Jeff, or SAKO! or Dapper Darth or whomever you happen to be today,

This is the 21st Century! If Linda likes paper then by all means I'll be happy to send paper. Don't try to make this a me against her scenario. You're the one I'm picking on here Mr. Match Director/2. :D

However, the 'rave' about electronic registration is quite simple; it makes it easier for the customer and the provider. I go online, sign up for the match and (you are going to just love this) make an electronic payment then pick my shooting times and squad. I know it sounds far fetched but this is exactly how I registered for, paid for and squadded up two years ago for a little match in Indiana. :)

Damned Hoosiers...always trying to show off their new, fandangled computer technology. <_< Hell...I didn't even know they HAD computers in Indiana. What the hell IS a Hoosier anyway???

Seriously...for a sectional, I wouldn't mind doing it, but due to the fact that we need to set squadding for media purposes and the fact that Linda has a proven system for dealing with matches of this magnitude, we have forgone electronic means for this match. Logistically, it was not possible...hope you understand. ;)

If I understand this right there should be 3 qualification matches. Where can I find out what and where the other 2 are ???

Thanks

Martin

Hmmm..........

If you read this thread you will find the dates and locations for the other two. I don't remember the dates, but one will be at Rio Salado in Phoenix and the other will be at the USSA range in Tulsa.