Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Departed

ErikW

You gotta see this flick! A little slow until near the end. It starts to look like it's gonna be another Donnie Brasco, but then there's so much more, so much better. Something about me wants to hate Leonardo diCaprio but I can't; he's really good.

The plot: Massachusetts state police infiltrate Jack Nicholson's crime organization, while at the same time, his rat infiltrates the staties.

The ending was a little much (many gasps in the theater) but it made sense and wasn't gratuitious.

There was some strange editing, though.

Gratuitous link: Martin Scorsese by King Missile

I've seen it twice.A cell phone gangster flick. Jack and Dicaprio should get Oscar nods for this.It is supposed to be a remake of Infernal Affairs an Asian gangster film.I have seen bits and pieces of it on Showtime late at night.

• 3 months later...

I must be mentally deffective - I hated this movie. Let me qualify that. I loved this movie - great acting, great twists, a lot of suspense ...... until the last 10-15 minutes when they ran out of script and descended into an orgy of absolutely pointless killings. I felt cheated. I was looking forward to a great finalle - a double-tripple-quadrupple cross nobody-is-what-they-seem type of deal. Instead I got 3/4 of a movie. I would actually feel less bitter if the whole thing stunk from beginning to the end then the way it turned out. It was a serious dissapointment.

I liked the movie - I agree somewhat about the ending. Its certainly not what I wanted out of the end of the movie... though it does follow Scorsese's pattern, and wasn't unexpected...

Frankly, the only thing I really didn't dig about the flick was the overly gratuitous use of one of "The Three Magic Words".... (a Joe Rogan reference... ;) ).

Edited by XRe