Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Everyone Running For A Rifle/shotgun In 3 Gun

XAFSP

New at the game, and only got to vote once.

I use a Remmy 870 standard old shotgun, a PTR91 rifle, and either a Glock 35 or a CZ75B in 40 cal.

Sometimes I use an AK variant.

... I nearly forgot to add that in no way am I even competitive.

JP 18" light upper over Bushmaster lower with Ace Skeleton Stock and JP Trigger. TA01NSN ACOG on top, JP Short range Irons at 2 o'clock on the foreend.

Remington 1100 started out as a 28" barreled I don't know what gun. Replaced the Barrel with a 22" Rifle sighted smoothbore. Replaced the Remmy sights on the barrel with Ashley Express Big Dots, added two mag extensions (since I shoot some matches in NJ where there's a mag cap on semi-autos) EZ Loader, big head safety and polished the action. Installed an 8 round side saddle and 2x4 fore end carrier from 3 Gun Gear to give me 21 or 23 shells on/in the gun depending on extension in use.......

I'm from Kali. Got into the sport after the AR ban. Had just moved to Kali from a free state

and did not follow the AR ban until too late.

I shoot a Custom Mini 14 from ASI. 18" 1" for 4" then .90" past gas block then .75", fluted.

Custom Stock. ASI Package # 51

Hit all the targets on long range stages at last two 3 Gun Nationals in average time.

Mag changes are slower, PMI 40 rounders help that, and getting good mags are a problem.

PMI or factory mags are the only way to go.

Building a couple of CA legal OLL. Will go with JP upper for one of them.

Shotgun is Remington 1100 CM. Great Gun.

post-6767-1168004833.jpgpost-6767-1168004892.jpg

Tactical set-up

Rifle: DPMS upper and lower, JP 18" barrel assly with cooley comp, JP trigger and hammer, JP SS LMOS bolt carrier, PRI carbon fiber handguard, Magpull PRS stock, Steel charge handle, Meopta 1-4 K-dot scope with LaRue mount, etc.

Shotgun: Benelli M2 w/comfortech stock and 21" bbl, SRM 8rd mag tube, Benny Hill bolt treatment, C-Rums modified shell carrier, Titanium bolt handle, Arrendondo bolt release, Hi-Vis fiberoptic front sight w/rear notch for slug shooting, Carlson extended crio choke tube(s)

Pistol: Single Action SIG SAUR P226X5, 19 rd mags, Hi-Vis front sight. As it came out of the box except the front sight.

Heavy Metal set-up

Rifle: Springfield M1A NM w/ GI fiberglass stock, Muzzle Break

Shotgun: Mossberg 590, MMC ghost ring sights front modified with fiber-optic, Briley thinwall choke tubes,

Pistol: Kimber series 70 classic stainless target model, too many mods to list.

Listed pistols because they were in the photos

Edited by mpeltier

Running a 16" mid length gas system AR15. YHM Specter length free float. 1x4 Bushnell. Miculek comp. Works fine out to the 200 yds max we normally shoot at. Using a Remmy 11-87 with reamed ports for shotgun.

• 4 years later...

Rifle: forged upper and lower, JP LMOS and 18 inch barrel, JP extra long handguard with magpul buis sights on 45, timney trigger with Nikon 2-8.

Shotgun: SX3 26" barrel with Nordic +6 tube and follower. Welded lifter and opened loading port, home made bolt release button.

My setup so far: Picture if you like.

3-gun is really new to me I have shot two club matches and area 7 3-gun. In all of those matches I had to borrow a rifle.

Limited:

Pistol: Springfield Armory XD-40 (16 rd magazines make it tough but shoot what you got)

Shotgun: Browning BPS with home made 10rd magazine extensions.

Rifle: AR-15 RRA Coyote Rifle (brand new still unfired)

Would really like to see a pic of your Browning shotgun

New to the Forums. I have recently decided to give 3 Gun a shot. I will be using my Daniel Defense M4V1 with Wilson 3G trigger. My Shotgun is a FN SLP MK1 (all stock, for now). I will be using my Sig P226 as my side arm. Looking forward to learning all the latest info on the 3 Gun Sport!

For Open I am using:

R and R Targets Open Saiga

JP Rifles CTR with a 18 inch medium and Lewis Tool and machine stock, Leupold 3 1/2 x 10 Mk III on a Larue mount and Burris Fastfire side dot on Matt Burkett mount

STI 9mm Major Trubor from RJ's Custom shop here in Washington

For Scope Tactical:

Benelli M1 Super 90 with a 21 inch barrel

JP rifles JP 15 with a 18 inch medium and Lewis Tool and Machine stock, Meopta 1x4 scope using LaRue mount

STI 9mm Edge and again from RJ's Custom shop here in Washington state

Again, just my .02 cents,

Busyhawk

I'm shooting a Loki Weapon Systems billet 18" rifle in Tac Optics with a Horus Talon scope.

For shotgun I'm using a 21" M2 and my handgun is an STI in 40 S&W. Both the shotgun and handgun are worked over by Greg @ Copeland Customs.

IMAG0563.jpg

Edited by trickpony