Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Space City Challenge

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the "missing the 2nd shot" thing is what sometimes happens when you're pushing on that next level - you start hurrying, and you're looking away before you actually break the 2nd shot, so you're not actually calling the shot at all... Either that, or he's double-tapping... ;)

Well, the "missing the 2nd shot" thing is what sometimes happens when you're pushing on that next level - you start hurrying, and you're looking away before you actually break the 2nd shot, so you're not actually calling the shot at all... Either that, or he's double-tapping... ;)

:mellow: Yep that was it on two of the misses looked away. & I am pushing,

The gun shoots under 2" at 38yards with just my wrist on the bags, and all the misses were inside of 5 yards :blink: ... I will have to set up a camera, and some drills.

Ya know? I found out that missing is not that much fun :o But they were not slow misses ;)

I think on stage #2 will be in the 94% range, ..if my stage dope is good..

& on stage five I may hold in the 80% range even with a miss :wacko:

But I may not know nothing

Yeah Dave, Take a crow bar to him kinda Tanya Harding style..........gotta make it pretty even between him and I next week.......him with a banged up leg and me with a bad Hip(and head to go with it) :lol::lol::lol:

Have fun down there, see some of you in 2 weeks.

Hop

Kewl, they have me winning the match... :D We'll see how that holds up tomorrow when they get all the scores in. Not too bad for a guy with an extra foot of drainpipe installed... :o With no practice time I just decided to shoot and not push. Shot more D's than I'd like, and had a few small missteps, but no big crashes.

A lot of run-get-your-gun, but it's been a good match. There were a few stages that got redone a little since the web posting-- stage 8 for one had a RO trap they had to edit out.

This was a deceptively hard match. Looked easy on paper, and easy at first glance, but as Tony Phan told us at the end of the day, lots of speed traps.

Really enjoyed the challenge; I need to work on my accuracy!!

Thanks to all the match staff who made it happen.

The match was well organized and match staff was very good; worth adding to the list for next year's schedule.

Got back last night from the match. Has been two years since I have shot the SCC. Match was GREAT. I was squadded with some real good shooters and just alround GREAT people. Travis and Lee from the AMU were in our squad. GREAT guys to shooter with. Learned a lot by watching them shoot. Talk to Travis at great length.

Thanks to the RO's, Match director and Staff for all the hard work in putting on and running the match. Will be back next year. B)

Team "bolt action" checking in here after shooting it on Saturday. My favorite blaster, the one that NEVER gives me so much as a hick-up, decided to crap out on me, almost right from the get-go. Ah, oh well. Wasn't like that was the only thing holding me back, as I seem to remember getting a mike (or four) on most of the stages. Eleven total, and yes, my blaster has sights and I do remember using them, some of the time anyway.

As bad as my, and my blaster's, performance was, I did have a great time. I was squadded with a group of which I didn't know one of before the match, but I now count all of them as friends. The other half of "team bolt action" was Kale Garretson, who had almost as many problems as I did, but seemed to remember where his sights were. Mark Miller (do you ever quit smiling?) and crew from the Lubbock area (?) were a great bunch to squad with, and I can honestly say made me have a good match. Oh, and Whitney, the young lady with the LOUDEST open gun I've ever had to be around. We didn't chrono, but you can't convince any one on our squad that she was anywhere under 200pf. :blink: After stage 2 the r.o. asked if someone would go answer the phone, 'cause he swore he could hear one ringing (probably still does).

Was also squadded with Jimmy Reed, damn fast/smooth!, and Brandon Strayer, Ken Hicks who is a man of many words, and his son Jake who is a man of few words, but is also damn fast. I think it's that low center of gravity... <_<

I've not shot a good sized match in a while, and made myself go to this one, but it's gotten me back in the mood and I'm now hunting for another one. What'dya say Mark? Area 4? B)

Edited by ken hebert

The match was an absolute blast. Prize table was pretty good and it went quickly and smoothly. I managed to win an XD9 tactical (random drawing, muchas gracias). I must have been distracted by it because when I shot the next day, I dumped 50 penalty points, I still had a blast. Thanks to everyone that made it possible.

Edited by GeneralChang

This was a great match, thanks to everyone who helped make it happen and to all the match staff - y'all did a fantastic job! This will definitely be on my schedule for next year. Congrats to the winners, and to everyone in squad 7 - I had a blast!

. Oh, and Whitney, the young lady with the LOUDEST open gun I've ever had to be around. We didn't chrono, but you can't convince any one on our squad that she was anywhere under 200pf. :blink: After stage 2 the r.o. asked if someone would go answer the phone, 'cause he swore he could hear one ringing (probably still does).

B)

Whitney says sorry for such a loud gun haha :D ! we chronoed weekend before 177PF. Had a good time at the match for the first 20 shots!!! then i went to visit the local Dairy Queen. any ways had a good time meeting every one in the squad. Hope to see you all next year.

Joey

Edited by newshooter

Lady luck wasn't smiling on either of us on Saturday, with your trip to DQ country (that was a real bummer, you probably didn't hear it but there was a collective "aww nooo" at that moment) and Mr. Murphy hitching a ride in my range bag. I ended up being one of the (seemed like) four contestants who didn't take home something from the prize table.

Ahhh, there's always next year.

Oh, and Whitney, the young lady with the LOUDEST open gun I've ever had to be around. We didn't chrono, but you can't convince any one on our squad that she was anywhere under 200pf. :blink: After stage 2 the r.o. asked if someone would go answer the phone, 'cause he swore he could hear one ringing (probably still does).

:blink: You should RO her in our indoor range!!!!!! I chrono'd her ammo just before they left!!!!!!! 178PF

:wacko::wacko: