Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bedell shorty. Is it titanium comp?

Congrats!

Yes it is a Bedell short with a titanium comp. It's my first open gun, I can't believe how it shoots!!! :surprise:

but then again it is a Bedell

another one from GANS, will be in my hands tomorrow. I had Gary put a quinn mount instead of my normal barry. from the picture it looks pretty far forward, don't know if I will like that or not. I will keep everyone posted. also a picture with a JPoint and JV Dynamics mount.

post-11093-1236037164_thumb.jpg

post-11093-1236037346_thumb.jpg

Edited by ormondopen

another one from GANS, will be in my hands tomorrow. I had Gary put a quinn mount instead of my normal barry. from the picture it looks pretty far forward, don't know if I will like that or not. I will keep everyone posted. also a picture with a JPoint and JV Dynamics mount.

Dude, we can compare Quinn mounts and how we like them at SAPSA this month. I just picked one up this weekend. I'll post a picture later.

Dude, we can compare Quinn mounts and how we like them at SAPSA this month. I just picked one up this weekend. I'll post a picture later.

are you going to titusville saturday? it will be a charity match with 6 or 7 stages.

are you going to titusville saturday? it will be a charity match with 6 or 7 stages.

I'm afraid I have to do some charity work at the house this weekend :surprise: Then I'll test the mount at the SEPSA match before SAPSA.

Here is mine! It's not in my hands yet.

Open1.jpg

:)

Sweet :cheers: I've never shot a a shorty but I bet she's fast. what caliber??

Yea she's fast!! it's 38 SC. I have only shot a 100 rounds thought her. Tis single stack season! I will get her out sometime this summer and really get her going!

Hi KP,

Which set up puts the dots the lowest ? (I mean, the closest to the slide).

Thanks.

Nice!!!

Let us know how you like the different kinds of mounts and JPoint sight with JV Dynamics mount compare to C-more side mounts.

I actually prefer the JV or arredondo w/ jpoint over the cmore w/ barry mount because it puts the dot lowest to the bore and they are extremely light but I've gone thru 3 jpoints in 300-400 rounds so I am reluctant to keep using them. the reason I am giving the quinn a try is because I like to have a thumb rest and the barry does not allow the use of one. there is only one company I know of making a thumb rest that can be modifed to use a barry.

I talked to cmore yesterday and they will start shipping their new STS sight in a few weeks so I plan on giving one a try if they are not to expensive.

Edited by ormondopen

I like to have a thumb rest and the barry does not allow the use of one. there is only one company I know of making a thumb rest that can be modifed to use a barry.

Which company makes thumb rest that can be modifed to use a barry?

I like to have a thumb rest and the barry does not allow the use of one. there is only one company I know of making a thumb rest that can be modifed to use a barry.

I don't want to promote any business for them. I ordered several hundred dollars worth of parts and they never sent the parts or would respond to my emails or phone calls. I eventually had to get my credit card company involved to get my money back. several other enos members say the same thing.

I modified an RHT pedal to fit on my Barry. Haven't put it on the gun just yet, but it'll fit now. The problem looks like it's going to be the space between the pedal and the body of the scope...just depends on the size of your thumb and how far you want it to go up the pedal.

Edited by G-ManBart

I modified an RHT pedal to fit on my Barry. Haven't put it on the gun just yet, but it'll fit now. The problem looks like it's going to be the space between the pedal and the body of the scope...just depends on the size of your thumb and how far you want it to go up the pedal.

I have the same problem you have with the quinn, I can't fit my thumb onto the RHT pedal. I will have to modify the area at the rear for my thumb to clear.

Here's my new one I built a couple months ago. STI slide/frame, Schueman 3 port, EGW 3 port comp, 9major, SV tri-glide trigger & carbon mount, 10.5oz slide, 42.1oz total. I have an aluminum C-more I was thinking of putting on for durability but don't know if its really anymore durable. I've only got a couple hundred through it. I may put a couple side ports in the comp, but not sure if it will get me anything

post-2055-1236388243_thumb.jpg

Here's my new one I built a couple months ago. STI slide/frame, Schueman 3 port, EGW 3 port comp, 9major, SV tri-glide trigger & carbon mount, 10.5oz slide, 42.1oz total. I have an aluminum C-more I was thinking of putting on for durability but don't know if its really anymore durable. I've only got a couple hundred through it. I may put a couple side ports in the comp, but not sure if it will get me anything

post-2055-1236388243_thumb.jpg

Nice slide cuts Todd :cheers:

I have the same problem you have with the quinn, I can't fit my thumb onto the RHT pedal. I will have to modify the area at the rear for my thumb to clear.

Yeah, I opened mine up a bit and it made a huge difference....let me know if you want pics of the mod I did to the Quinn. R,

I just realized that I posted a pic of my Bedell to this thread, but not of my Millenium Custom gun....so, here it is:

IMG_0710-1.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

With it's brother, Bedell Custom shorty in .38 Supercomp

IMG_0709.jpg

Edited by G-ManBart

I just realized that I posted a pic of my Bedell to this thread, but not of my Millenium Custom gun....so, here it is:

IMG_0710-1.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

With it's brother, Bedell Custom shorty in .38 Supercomp

IMG_0709.jpg

:surprise::surprise::surprise:

WOW!!!

Those are awesome!!!

Ok, I'll play. This is an STI Grandmaster that has been pimped out just a bit. I understand many people think the STI GM is a bit of a pig (heavy). I lift enough weights so I can throw the gun around more..... :roflol:

It is now called "incredible Hulk"

Hulk6.jpg

I had this pistol go thru a face lift over the last couple of weeks. I changed out the Dawson Ice magwell from the aluminum set up to the heavier Dawson Ice brass magazine well. I took off the Cmore site and installed a Aimpoint Micro dot. The Aimpoint dot mount is from Derek at Millennium custom. I also had Paul Grundhauser at uspsaguns.com machine a sidewinder slide racker onto the pistol. He did an awesome job.

She is READY to RACE. Here is the new look:

post-4514-1236971370_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1236971521_thumb.jpg