Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving up in USPSA Class for 2003

Jon Merricks

Sam:

It's no big deal, lots of guys can do it, but it doesn't seem to be on many folks' agenda.

After a person gets to where they can shoot 85% on classifiers in any division, they have all the shooting skill they need. From there, it's just a matter of picking a gun and devoting your entire being to learning that pistol. When you become intimately familiar with the new platform, your ability will manifest itself. It is just that simple.

Frankly, I don't think my accomplishment is news worthy. An article in Front Sight? That's funny. What would the title read? Something like, "Small Town Hero, Ultimate Class Manager"? :D

When Jerry M., or Phil Strader, or one of the other greats who are active competitors make GM in all divisions, that will be a big deal.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no big deal.

What a load of horse ----!

If Front Sight can devote a few pages to the RO of the Month Club (or whatever those profiles are called), they can darn well devote a few pages to a guy who stands a good chance of kicking most peoples butts with a gun drawn randomly from a huge gunnysack of assorted pistols/revolvers. Face it dude, you're newsworthy. Enquiring minds want to know!

Flex-
As far as I know, Ron is the first to earn Master in all five Divisions.

This is a major achievement! Let's ask the folks at HQ to do some research. Is Ron actually the first guy ever to do this? If so, this is really worth an article in Front Sight explaining all the challenges and details of the work involved. Lots of people will want to know what it took.

I want to see his face on the cover! I want my MX5!!

I have already been trading e-mails with Sedro. :D

Congrats Ron, certainly would warrant a FS write-up.

To follow that up, I made B Production which is an accomplishment for me. i've been shooting for almost two years now, maybe it's time to buy the book, watch the DVDs and actually start practicing more than once a week. <_<

This small accomplishment does however blow my shot at being the first five division C card.

Thanks guys...and I have a new goal. GM in Open Division, no time limits, but before I am 50 would rock. This one is going to take some serious trigger time.

We have some really good shooters up and coming in our little corner of Wyoming. I'll bet any of you $50.00 that Sam makes GM in 2004, and another $50.00 that John Dunn makes Limited Master before the end of the summer. Then there's Scott G. up in Jackson. Scott is going to be pushing Sam real hard. Man it's nice to go to a little club match out in the middle of the sagebrush and be able to shoot with these guys.

And a big congrats to all of you who are moving up. When I made B class I thought I was about at the end of my ability. I never would have thunk it...

Bill,

Congratulations man! I know I'm a little late, but I haven't seen you in a while and I'm kinda new to the forum. Hope to see you on the range soon.

Regards,

Todd

Thanks Todd!

Yeah, I haven't been shooting much: work, family and guns in the shop. If all goes well I'll be shooting Open next year.