Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area-1 Championships

The 2007 Area-1 match will be in Puyallup, Washington on August 10-12, 2007 (staff match on August 8-9).

The match will be hosted by the Paul Bunyan Practical Shooters and Team Northwest.

This is a new venue for us, and it provides lots of great amenities, including

-- less than 30 minutes from SeaTac airport

-- lots of hotels/motels and restaurants near the range

-- near "Enchanted Village" waterpark and other family attractions

The match will be 11-12 stages (plus Chrono), for 300 shooters. More information will be available on the Area-1 website (www.uspsa1.org) as it becomes available. Mark your calendars - this is the 25th Anniversary of the Area-1 match, and it promises to be a good one.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We put in a bid for the match but got shot down.

Hmmm. to be more accurate, the Northwest Section has had "first dibs" on the 2007 match since June 2005, and the Area-1 SCs recent ratified their plan to hold the match at Puyallup.

And, Chuck? I hope you *will* be involved in this one, at the *very* least to teach the Puyallup guys how you did what you did, and maybe pass along some intel?

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definately not missing this one. I had to miss 06 Aera 1 due to not getting friday off, but went Saturday to spectate. Boy that was rough not being able to shoot those stages, looked like loads of fun.

• 2 months later...

I'll be there! Puyallup's my second home. :)

How do you pronounce, "Puyallup" ? :blink:

ba :)

Its funny to hear people who aren't from around here try and pronounce it. You can always tell who's a local and who isn't. Issaquah is another good one.

Puyallup is pronounced "pew-al-up"

We put in a bid for the match but got shot down.

Hmmm. to be more accurate, the Northwest Section has had "first dibs" on the 2007 match since June 2005, and the Area-1 SCs recent ratified their plan to hold the match at Puyallup.

And, Chuck? I hope you *will* be involved in this one, at the *very* least to teach the Puyallup guys how you did what you did, and maybe pass along some intel?

Bruce

Exactly! We need some of that Cascade Section enthusiasm in the NWsection.

If we don't already have a prize table coordinator, we need one.

• 1 month later...

That's not a bad idea DougC. It isn't a short drive but if you take the coastal highway (hwy 101) as much as possible it will be incredibly scenic. That will be slower but far more scenic; if you want fast and boring you always have I-5.