Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area-1 Championships

Other than the goofiest squad model I have ever seen and having to walk to the same bank of stages three different times this was a great match. I know that there was a lot of folks who were negatively affected by the squad schedule but contrary to most of my luck I actually benefitted from it. We were done Saturday afternoon and I was able to drive back home (13 hours) and make it to work this morning.

The match staff was great, RO's worked hard, and things seemed to move fairly smoothly. The stages were fun and the weather rocked.

We had a really good squad,(HI5-0, the Cordoza's, Thomas C., Mike, Ron, and Nathan) everybody had a great attitude and worked hard.

Barry, the guys at work said thanks for the chocolate covered macadamia nuts (I ate a couple but had to share with my boys) they lasted about 2 minutes this morning.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.....I am going back to bed for a while.

Craig

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of penalties, but it looks like Smitty came within a tick of taking Limited. Good to see him back on top form. Keep an eye on him at the NAts.

Manny, you big bully, let someone else win!!!

Actually, Mike Voigt won the Limited match with Manny 2nd @ 98%

For some reason, Mike has been deleted from the results....

Lots of penalties, but it looks like Smitty came within a tick of taking Limited. Good to see him back on top form. Keep an eye on him at the NAts.

Manny, you big bully, let someone else win!!!

Actually, Mike Voigt won the Limited match with Manny 2nd @ 98%

For some reason, Mike has been deleted from the results....

I heard that Voigt wasn't able to chrono.

'tis true, sadly.

Mike forgot to go to Chrono. I called him as soon as I found out, in case he was able to come back and take care of it, but he was already more than halfway to the airport.

5.6.3.10 doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room, so I had to remove his scores from the results.

Sucks. Especially because it was not only great to have him at the match, it was great for the Area-1 shooters to have a chance to shoot with him.... and see how they did against him.

Bruce :angry2:

What a great match!

Many thanks to Dave, Rick, and Scott from Paul Bunyan for putting on a great match.

Thanks also to Bruce and Floyd.

Thanks to everyone who supported the match, and also the great match sponsors (especially Springfield Armory).

The caterer provided the best food I've ever seen at a match.

I liked that the prize table was by drawing.

Looking forward to next year's Area 1 at Tri County Gun Club (OR)!

Scott

Glad everyone had fun...weather turned out to be great. Matt, Bill and myself were running Stage 9. As an added feature we had the Bond soundtrack playing in the background all day Saturday (didn't have power available Friday) and quite a few shooters enjoyed that. We elected to not have it going on Sunday....because Matt didn't want to hear Madonna sing anymore and I didn't want to hear the theme to Moonraker again. :surprise:

See you all at Tri-County next year! :cheers:

That was probably my favorite match this season!!! (other than the scheduling) Very creative and it was obvious that some time and work went into it. GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

The weather was beautiful and I finally got to visit Seattle. What an awesome city! Went to Pike's Place Market, walked around downtown a little, rode the monorail to a beautiful lunch atop the Space Needle... amazing! Even saw Mt Rainier briefly through the clouds one day... :D

It was also great to see a couple old friends and make tons of new ones! This sport is the best!

Here's the compilation video: Area 1 - Licence to Thrill

Kudos to Alan Tag (Interceptor here) for coming in at a very solid 95% against Manny.

Alan's personal hygiene might not be all that great, but 95% against Mr. Bragg.....the man deserves some serious cred for that.

FY42385

Thanks to all the shooters who shot stage 3 "Diamonds are for never". It was a pleasure to run this stage with the help taping, and setting. I also loved the fact that the gun handling was good and everyone made it throught without a hitch. The match crew I worked with was great both the RM and the 2 MD's. The local club did a fantastic job with this match. They deserve a great big thanks from all the shooters.

Kudos to Alan Tag (Interceptor here) for coming in at a very solid 95% against Manny.

I agree, Alan shot a great match. Too bad for him though, this is as close to his award as he'll get! ;)

TagAward.jpg

Alan's personal hygiene might not be all that great...

I knew you guys were close, but who knew you were that close. :surprise:

mattk