Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Carts

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a problem. I run a similar cart. Buddies that want to pile on "pay" for the space by pulling the cart. At most matches I never pull the cart for the whole match. :)

Hey, I resemble that remark... :roflol:

(PS - If you've ever considered a Rugged Gear cart - might want to check THIS out...$149...with accessories...

Edited by n2ipsc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got my used jogging stroller and starting the conversion.

I almost feel guilty, this is one hell of a baby buggy, so it's going to be a great gun buggy!

Where is the best place to get the ATV gun mounts?

Not really a problem. I run a similar cart. Buddies that want to pile on "pay" for the space by pulling the cart. At most matches I never pull the cart for the whole match. :)

Hey, I resemble that remark... :roflol:

(PS - If you've ever considered a Rugged Gear cart - might want to check THIS out...$149...with accessories...

I used mine for the 1st time at Area 8, worked like a champ. When I bought mine all they had was burgundy, but who cares.

Bruce

• 2 months later...
post-924-1161189954.jpgpost-924-1161189856.jpg

I found a stroller being given away by the side of the road. Stripped off the sun shade and attached four "U" brackets that were $.59 apiece at HD. Total investment $2.48 :)

IPSCDRL,

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm trying to put together a gun cart on the cheap. Reclaimed an old stroller frame already.

Went to check out the "U" brackets at Home Depot, found what looks like the grey ones you used. But they just have a large screw on the end -- was wondering how you went about securing them to the handlebars/frame of the stroller?

Thanks!

Added: The hook looked like this, is this what you used? Item at Lowes

079325777751md.jpg

Edited by esskay

Hey esskay, go to Bass Pro Shops or another outdoor/hunting store and pick up some of the handle bar mounts for four wheelers. The brackets look similar to the ones you pictured but are made for hunters who need to mount their weapon the the handlebars of their ORV. They are made to drop long guns into and are real padded and secure. They also come with big rubber bands that you can put over the top of the weapon and strap it in so it won't bounce out if you go over some rough ground. Good luck with your project!

• 6 months later...

I found a Jeep branded baby stroller at a yard sale for $25. It folds in half, has a suppension system and the front wheel pivots, making it highly manuverable. It holds 2 cased long guns, pistol range bag, shotgun and rifle ammo bag and a small lunch cooler.

My wife picked up one of those three wheel carts for joging with children and I have been

using it for IPSC shooting. It works great, but does anyone know If I can get the green

canvis part of the real gun cart from anyone ?

Thanks

Slip Knot

My wife picked up one of those three wheel carts for joging with children and I have been

using it for IPSC shooting. It works great, but does anyone know If I can get the green

Thanks

Slip Knot

Did the same but did not bother with the canvas color. Removed all the straps on the seat and put some patches. I like the shock absorbers. Prreed's cart looks really nice, well done!

cart.jpg

This was before I removed all those straps on the seat.

Edited by norbs007

Thanks

Slip Knot

Did the same but did not bother with the canvas color. Removed all the straps on the seat and put some patches. I like the shock absorbers. Prreed's cart looks really nice, well done!

cart.jpg

This was before I removed all those straps on the seat.

I prefer my cart to have wheels. :roflol:

Doug

• 1 year later...