Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Carts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is a sweet cart! Is that the welding cart from Harbor Freight?

Yes it's the same cart.

Harbor Freight Welding Cart link

43615.gif

Whomever assembled the cart for the HF picture, installed the tray backwards. It's supposed to hang from behind the handle. The way they have it mounted, blocks you from putting two welding tanks into the cart. lol

A picture of outerlimits HF welding cart. He has the tray installed correctly.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...ost&id=6325

I just mounted the swivel tray a foot higher on the handle and painted it. Makes getting the items in the tray easier and give me more access to the items in the back of the wooden box. I changed all the hardware and improved on a few things. The wheel bearing are very loose on the axle. So, I shimmed them and also used a spacer, greased the bearing... so the wheels work properly (don't wobble on the axle) and they are silently now.

3guncart005wx1.jpg

3guncart008vy2.jpg

Wow I thought I had the only one. I made this last year out of the Harbor Freight Welding cart. It holds 2 shotguns and 2 rifles plus 2 bags (1 with pistol stuff and 1 with rifle) The drop door at the bottom holds the cooler.

post-10603-1177722374.jpg

Well Since we have wandered off of the original post, I will post my cart I just finished up tonight. I started out with one of those Muck carts but didn't like the outcome so I changed to this final product. It is an $80 wagon that will hold 800 lbs., if I was able to do my own welding I could have saved some money in the end. I have room for my pistol bag, another bag for rifle/shotgun ammo, a small cooler, and a seat.

post-7777-1177824480.jpg

post-7777-1177824491.jpg

post-7777-1177824502.jpg

post-7777-1177824516.jpg

post-7777-1177824527.jpg

Bruce Kelly at Rugged Gear is truly a class act. He's been an eager match sponsor for various Georgia and Area 6 matches the past several years. This year for Area 6, he sent 2 carts: one for the match and one to do with as we like (!). The second one will probably end up at the GA 3-Gun or Area 6 3-Gun. So those of you out there buying baby carriages and refitting them, you might at least buy Bruce's gun holders (http://ruggedgear.com/atv.php and support a great shooting sponsor. :)

Well Since we have wandered off of the original post, I will post my cart I just finished up tonight. I started out with one of those Muck carts but didn't like the outcome so I changed to this final product. It is an $80 wagon that will hold 800 lbs., if I was able to do my own welding I could have saved some money in the end. I have room for my pistol bag, another bag for rifle/shotgun ammo, a small cooler, and a seat.

Dustdevil-

I like your set-up. where did the wagon come from?

Dustdevil-

I like your set-up. where did the wagon come from?

I found it at the True Value Store here at home, But you can find them through northerntool.com. Just some 1" square tubing to span the sides. 5/8" heater hose attached with some self-tapping screws is what holds the barrels.

I've read somewhere that some matches require the muzzle be carried vertical. I was wondering if anyone has goten a bad time with those horizontal carts.

Exactly why I chose the baby jogger. Muzzles can be up or down depending on local rules.

Ken Reed

Well I don't have enough time to build my own and don't see any prebuilt designs that are equal to or better than the rugged gear cart, so I guess I'm going with that one. Ironman is coming up too fast!

• 1 month later...

Nice! I have the cart just need to make the mods.

I've read somewhere that some matches require the muzzle be carried vertical. I was wondering if anyone has goten a bad time with those horizontal carts.

I'd like to know that too.

I shot a three gun recently and asked before I went. I quoted the USPSA rule and was allowed but I can see someone getting nervous.

US5.2.1.4 Carried in a slip or case (it is preferred that the rifle is carried

reasonably vertical). Alternatively, the rifle may be

transported or stored without a slip or case, whether or not

reasonably vertical, in a mobile rack or carrier, provided

the firearm complies with Rule 5.2.1.5 and is only placed or

removed under the supervision of a Range Officer, or while

in a Safety Area, or when being transferred directly to/from

a stationary rack as described in Rule 5.2.1.3.

5.2.1.5 Competitors must use a chamber safety flag, or device, that

is clearly visible externally to the gun, at all times when the

rifle is not in use (except whilst carrying out the activities

permitted under Rule 2.4.1).

I shot a three gun recently and asked before I went. I quoted the USPSA rule and was allowed but I can see someone getting nervous.

Thanks for checking that out, but it does kind of leave things open. I guess you could insert a flag safety in the chamber after you're done with the stage and then put it in the cart like the one Dustdevil21 has designed.?

Thanks for checking that out, but it does kind of leave things open. I guess you could insert a flag safety in the chamber after you're done with the stage and then put it in the cart like the one Dustdevil21 has designed.?

I find the Arredondo flag easiest to use. Unload show clear. lock it open, insert the Arredondo flag in the mag well.

fd21h3537qltjq.jpg

Again, I am not an experienced competitor. This is just what has worked for me so far.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished putting a long-gun rack on my gun cart.... usually my shooting buddy and I both pile our gear on the cart, so it'll hold 6 long guns. The rack comes off with a couple wing nuts and even folds up for storage space in the shed. Took $15 and about an hours worth of work to build.

rvb

post-6093-1186202462.jpg

• 7 months later...