Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Teenagers

ima45dv8

The title says most of it.

I have a single Mom next door whose kids and their friends think they have discovered loud music (oldest one is 17). There's a Camaro (or Firebird -- I can't tell) that spends a lot of time next door playing unbelieveably loud music in the driveway. It's all BASS! At least their father, when he was still in residence many years ago, brought his stereo out to play 96 Rock (good local radio station). The neighbors would all rock out while doing yardwork (ahhhh -- the good old days!).

It seems Mom has given up control to the kids. She ain't doing a damn thing to keep these young miscreants in line. They had a stay-over last night with God-Only-Knows how many of these little turds, and the music went 'til 2:00am (off and on).

I know. . . . . .call the cops. But the restriction on noise doesn't start until 10:30PM,, and they're smart enough to only "play it loud" on an intermittant basis after 10:30. 2 weeks ago I woke up at 1:30AM to find my house *vibrating* from their music. Before I could reach the phone, they stopped.

Grrrrr.......

(Care to guess why I'm up at 2:15AM???)

My parents had a similar problem some 10 years ago, but the turds were not teenagers, rather a mid 30es couple who would throw in a saturday night party every weekend with lotsa people and loud music.

On one particular occasion, my sister kept switching off their main power connection intermittently until 3 a.m. (living in a flat, easy to go downstairs and shut down their main switch).

Then, when the last straw was reached (3:30 a.m.), she went directly to their door and confronted the guy who lived there, to demand respect for everybody else's sleep.

She got a quite rude answer that it was Bianca's (her wife) b'day party, and they kept on.

Being quite angry, my sister woke up at 7:30 and started to phone the now asleep couple, until when they eventually woke up and answered the phone, only to hear my sister saying in a very gentle and soft voice "Oh honey, I'm so sorry I woke you two up, i just wanted to say happy birthday to Bianca...". ;)

Speaking of Lawrence Welk... There was some national news (I think it was national) about a convenience store somewhere that was having a problem with loiterers of the somewhat undesireable sort and so he started playing classical music over his loudspeaker system. It pretty much dispersed the loiterers. Not that there's anything wrong with classical music--it just wasn't the loiterers' cup of tea. Thank goodness. :P:P

Speaking of Lawrence Welk... There was some national news (I think it was national) about a convenience store somewhere that was having a problem with loiterers of the somewhat undesireable sort and so he started playing classical music over his loudspeaker system. It pretty much dispersed the loiterers. Not that there's anything wrong with classical music--it just wasn't the loiterers' cup of tea. Thank goodness. :P:P

There was a manager at the local 7 Eleven that did that very same thing. It worked.

Edited by Radar

After many years in the tire business I would recommend one BB in each of their valve caps. Drop the BB in the cap and reinstall. There is no loud hiss to draw attention like when the valve core is removed and no special tools are needed. No damage but very flat tires. It seems to happen to the school bus tires around here every couple of years.

As the step father of teenagers I feel your pain. The parent has to step up. I was in the yard just the other day when a neighbor brought me a complaint about my kids and their music. I went to their rooms and laid a hammer on each of their stereos. I also put For Sale signs on each of their passenger seats. They are reminders of the consequences of another complaint. I have tried to teach them that respect must be given to be received. But if you do not follow those rules the world will get around to kicking your A$$. And right now I am a big part of their world.

I know that will not help you but I have hopes for my neighbors. And even though I may come across as a mean s.o.b. I have hopes for my kids as well.

Many years ago I lived in a third floor walkup. The guy who lived one floor down and one unit over would get home at 3AM and crank is stereo up - with the windows open.

Called the cops - no luck.

Called the resident manager - no luck.

Confronted the idiot - no luck.

The next time he did it, a 2 1/2" Salute tied on a string (sort of a controlled air burst) fixed the problem.

Appartment manager made him pay for the windows too.

Though I may fantasize about loud 'n rowdy, righteous vigilantism in cases like these, I really do rather like that "BB" method. That's a very clever stealth solution. Very stealth. Very clever. I'll remember that. :ph34r:B)

Love the BB idea. From the mind of Mikey!!! lol...

Neighbors suck. Central Indiana may not be the coolest of the coolest place to live, but you can still afford to get a place close to town with no body close enough to annoy you or for you to annoy them. Yard work suxs on a big yard, but me likes me privacy!!!

It's a shame that being a good neighbors and parenting in America seem to have gone on the back burner. Some young people have no respect for those that live around them.

I'd go with the BB, everything else I thought of is way over the top and is not fit to print. :o

If you can get the valve core out and put the plastic cap back on quick enough, the tires won't go flat till on the road. One good bump is all it takes to pop the caps off.

Half a pound of stick on wheel weights on the inside of a front wheel weights will get some attention too.

+10000000000 I hat that loud crap so much I have taken to combating it with Bag Pipe Music. I play it at home for the neighbor kids, at traffic lights for the roving idiots, and at the drive through for those that feel I need to hear their crap when I am getting my coffee.

Ah yes, the sound of Amazing Grace or other popular tunes is music to my ears :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The problem with the BB idea is then the punks can't leave!

One BB equals one flat tire. If you have ever seen a trunk full of woofers and amps. You would appreciate the amount of work involved in getting to the spare. Which I can almost promise is flat or nearly flat. So don't put all of your BB's in one basket so to speak.....

Bonus...When the BB infested cap is installed. If you really tighten it down the BB becomes inbedded in the cap. Most folks (my guys included) take the cap off (with the now inbedded BB) and after reinflating and inspecting it find no leak they reinstall the same cap. That now equals two flat tires. This can go on for sometime........And they have to dissasemble the cause of your woe each and every time the spare comes out of the trunk. Or in the case of most young folks I have seen. It goes into the back seat. And that is one less annoying individual they can now haul into your neighborhood.

I bid you all a peace filled evening. Barring that. Where do you get the Bag Pipe CD's?

There are some sounds only people under 20-something can hear.. the latest incarnation is teacher-inaudible ringtones, but before that it was de-punkifying malls. Might be worth a try.

In regard to the BB installation...

# 1 - I would hate - as a gun owner - to see someone messing with my car in the middle of the night. One of those "terrible tragedies" you read about just might just happen.

# 2 - Everyone I know that has a primo sound system spent big bucks on it - the same as they did for their car alarm....