Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Norco Ipsc Big Match Will You Go?

Chris,

I think every one is more than aware of that. However, the West Coast Championships was a HUGE match, with most of the shooters coming from California. Those with high caps are fine and again, since the majority come from here (while I'm not there now...it's my home state and state of residence) attendance in Open and Limited is going to be fine.

Folks from out of state will shoot L-10 and Production. Again as those are two of the most popular divisions, attendance again shouldn't be that big a problem.

Norco has great facilities and coming out west (especially southern CA and Disneyland for families), during the summer has always been a big draw. Look at the Steel Challenge as an example.

I'd love to see a major back at Norco. Great range, great people and heck...pack your shotgun and shoot some clays while scores are being computed.

Rich

Folks from out of state will shoot L-10 and Production.

For some of the folks that shot Norco when it started back in the days of cow manure berms (and faced the opposite direction) ......coming back to shoot Norco as L-10 is almost blasphemous. :)

But regardless - bring back the Friendship Classic!

And bring back all the stages being self start!!!

Rich

Forgot about those!!!!

Still the stage that I remember most from the Friendship Classics, as far as unique to Norco that is, was when Wally literally dug trenches in one berm that were big enough to take a full target and its stand and then you shot this entire stage with your gun pointing down - at about 45 degrees down. Was just weird to run all over the place and you never lifted your gun above waist height.

Wally just had some of the most creative stages for that time.

Great range, great people and heck...pack your shotgun and shoot some clays while scores are being computed.

That's the selling point for me! Build the stages and they will come... :)

Uh.... this message is in the 3gun forum. For those that don't know Norco once in awhile does a 3 gun match.

I guess it's unclear (as can be seen in the messages above) as to what type of match is being asked about since Norco's rep is for pistol matches.

So is the match being asked about pistol only? Or 3 Gun?

I would be there, and I know of quite a few more that would go.

As for the out of state guys w/ hicaps, I pretty sure you can bring them in as long as they are for your use only. Maybe some one will chime in with the PC sec. to make it official. Or contact CA DOJ for an answer.

Last week a buddy in Florida was planning a trip out here in California. He wanted to bring hi-cap mags for his SP-01. I had him call the CA DOJ since I was not sure...

He actually spoke with someone there on the telephone who told him NO hi-caps can be brought in...period.

:(