HF 7.2050

Ohio puts this at 72.2306%

Edited by JaredB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

In open you need to shoot clean (60pts) in 5.01 sec to hit 100%. Has anyone really done this? Spent 45 minutes looking through scores best I found was a 91%.

Or is this one of those made up high hit factors?

Typically USPSA averages the top 10 scores over time and makes that average HF the HHF.

I think with some of these new ones they just took a screaming-single-run by Max, Taran or Dave and made that the HHF.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! :cheers:

I don't normally shoot classifiers that well, I'm better at the field courses than stand and shoot stages. I hope the videos will help someone see "what it takes" to shoot good classifiers. It's not all about speed, but smoothness and good points.

Thanks again,

Matt

• 1 year later...

I shot this one today with Lea County Action Shooters in Hobbs, NM.

I helped set up the stages last night, so I knew what was coming. I came home and read this thread so I'd know what to be prepared for. I was confident I could make 40% or real close to it on this one.

I managed to screw it up. :roflol:

I fired one round at each and reloaded and did it again.

I thought I was through. I dropped the mag and then noticed I had a hole in a no-shoot. :angry2:

Standing there with the gun in one hand and the mag in the other, I realized I still had a round in the chamber. I extended my arm and fired the last shot one-handed so that I'd have two in that target.

RO thought I was done too. It was like If you uh . . . BANG! . . . IF YOU ARE FINISHED, unload and show clear.

Single Stack, Unclassified, shooting a Kimber Ultra CDP II, I shot 57 points minus 10 for the no-shoot, so 47 points in 25.07 seconds for a Hit Factor of 1.8748.

According to http://www.classifiercalc.com/ that gives me 17.8553%. <_<

This is my fourth classifier. When the thing is run this month, I'll be classified D. I shot one in February and one in March, neither of which got turned in because my club didn't realize I'd joined USPSA (despite having my membership number on the sign-up sheet for the March match). That should be straightened out now. And I shot two this month.

17.2126%

22.4565%

31.3587%

17.8553% all according to classifiercalc.com. My average should be 22.2208%.

(Had I not screwed up today, my average would be up around 27%, but still a D.)

Edited by mgood

I was in Hobbs today as well.

56 pts

6.7551 HF

looks like 64.3344% in Limited

I need to practice more with my limited rig. I totally missed my mag pouch on the reload, probably added at least a half second.

• 4 years later...