Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

17 Years In The Trades And It Finally Happened

Tom Mainus

Been a carpenter for 17 years now and have been pretty much accident free. Except for one 3" nail through my foot sideways and bad back and knees, pretty much no worse for the wear, until today.

10' fall, landed on my right side, knocked out(probably would have been worse had my hard hat fallen off) 2 broken bones in my back, and 1 bruised kidney, and I am so #$%^^ sore I can't stand it. We will see how long the pain pills last. :wacko:

I should have went to college :angry:

Tom

Been a carpenter for 17 years now and have been pretty much accident free. Except for one 3" nail through my foot sideways and bad back and knees, pretty much no worse for the wear, until today.

10' fall, landed on my right side, knocked out(probably would have been worse had my hard hat fallen off) 2 broken bones in my back, and 1 bruised kidney, and I am so #$%^^ sore I can't stand it. We will see how long the pain pills last. :wacko:

Tom

Tom,

That doesn't sound like any fun at all. :( What did the doctor say about your recovery??? This totally sucks!!! :angry: I hope you are up and around soon...don't you know you're supposed to get hurt during the off-season??? :P Keep us posted on how you're feeling...nobody should have to through an injury like that.

Get Well Soon Bud,

Jeff

Hope you heal quick. I know the pain from trade accidents. Slight drift: best save I ever saw was a roofer sliding off a high roof, drive the claw of his hammer through the plywood and hold on to prevent the fall.

Best to you Tom, listen to the Docs as hard as it is to stay away from work.

Regards,

Tom

College degrees don't make you bounce any better.

Get well soon.

Tom

Get well soon.

I would laugh at that but it hurts to much.

Hey, Tom:

Feel better, bud. I hope you don't have to miss any big matches, it's always nice to shoot with you.

I hope everything works out and you're covered financially, being off work for a while can play havoc with your bank account. Listen to the docs and do the whole physical therapy bit, if you don't you'll never fully recover.

For those of you who haven't shot with Tom he's a hell of a wheelgunner, and he's left handed! Just imagine if he used the right (proper?) hand! ;)

Feel better!

Hey Tom, Sorry to hear about your accident. I enjoyed meeting you at the Miss Classic. Hope you recover back to normal. Will be praying for your recovery. If we can be of help, let us know. See ya Mac

P.S. and I was concerned about you riding that hawg all the way back to cheesehead land!!

It's never too late to go back to school. I went to school with a guy who used to do roofing. First time he fell was putting up insulation on scaffolding. Fell off head first into a few rolls of insulation. No injuries. Second time he was straightening out his air hose on the second story roof. Walked right off the roof and did the cartoon thing. Was in the hospital for 6 months with a broken back. His wife made him go back to school. This guy is in his 50's. Got a degree in mechanical engineering and is now working at Boeing behind a computer. He's still injury prone. He broke his back about 2 years ago while skiing and he's still skiing.

Dang it Scooter, we are supposed to be cheering Tom up. With that post I am depressed. That guy sounds like he needs to wear a helmet and be in a rubber room? Hey Tom, You just hang in there and now that you have time to think, use it to think of the possibilities of job change. Get well soon!!

Tom

Get well soon.

Laughter isn't the best medicine when you've been slam dancing from the second floor?

Didn't think so.

Nevermind. No no, don't laugh now. :mellow:

I'll tell a joke later.

Tom

Get well soon.

Tom, Take care and do what the doctor's say. Coming back too soon is always a bad thing. it was great to meet you and see you shoot. I can't believe how fast a leftie can make those reloads with a wheel. Congratulations on your finish in our match. you should get your trophy and check in the mail soon.

Be careful on those roofs! :D

Come back next year if you can. maybe I can give you some better competition. :P:D:P