Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My thanks and congradulations on the match.

The more I find out about this match, the more I am impressed. I was under the assumption that Hamp had all the free labor he would need with all the privates on the base at his disposal. But the people who do all the work are volunteers, both ARMY and private. And is seems to be a lot smaller group that we all think. That's a lot of work for each one. Thank you so much for putting on a match I was able to drive up to an shoot without doing anythin else but showing up. I hope everone who shot will stop for a moment and think about that.

Jeff, you are a true gentleman by putting the match success in front of your own. There are not a lot of competitors who would do so, and you have solidified the respect I have for you.

Hamp, all I can say is that you are a fine example of why our military is the greatest in the world. Of all the thing going in your life, you were still visibly concerned about the feelings of a group of people you invited to play in your back yard. We were there to play a game and you put it on your heart to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. Its no wonder we have the freedoms we have with people like you watching over them.

Linda, not only did you do an outstanding job behind the scenes, but you and your staff also took care of my short in stature, big in tallent buddy when he had his scare. To stop and drop everything you were doing to roll him to the hospital with no hesitation shows how lucky we are to have you all and not just for the work you do, but what you are willing to do when that time comes. Thank you so much!!!

To put this match in perspective, I will try a baseball analogy.

When you swing for the fences your bound to strike out a few time. So far with two at bats, I have seen

2005 1 strike, 1 home run.

2006 1 strike, 1 out of the park home run.

I think anyone would love to have that record for there first two at bats, because all that is really remembered in the long run is the two home runs.

Keep swinging for the fences, and I will keep coming to the game.

Ty Gentry

Aaron,

Remember we do these things not for ourselves, but for something bigger than self.

I'm glad to hear the match was a success. Judging by shooters' comments I think it's taken root.

LTC Connet told me you guys were dedicating the match for Tung Nguyen -- a dedicated gun queer who shot EVERYTHING from BB guns and IPSC 3-gun to one-handed bullseye and 1,000-yard rifle. I can't think of a better way to be remembered than by guys who love shooting.

I'm sure next year will be even better and more imaginative.

All the best,

Dave Liwanag

I cant think of anything to say that has not already been said in praise for this match - I had a great time and it was a privilege to come to Ft Benning to shoot and RO this match.

This was a excellent match, innovative stages, way too cool props, excellent senior match staff, the always impressive AMU guys, great RO's and fun competitors. The planning and preparation that obviously went into this was clear for everyone to see and I agree that this match is rapidly becoming 'THE' 3 gun match to attend - special thanks to Aaron, Linda and Jeff for making this happen. I hope I can come back and RO next year !!

Also thanks to fellow stage 2 RO staff, and roomies - great company even though my liver cannot stand prolonged exposure. I know you guys will be glad to know that I will be starting the first Georgia ‘Cats Protection League’ charity. :D

Hope to see you all again at Mesa !

I'm still not home from the match and just got a chance to look at the results and the posts on BE. Couldn't agree more with all the positive posts, this is my favorite 3 gun match this year. Despite the scoring issues this is a class act as reflected by all envolved. Linda, great to meet you, look forward to shooting the next match your envolved with. Jeff, great job you picked great people and they served you well, same for Hamp!

Now Mike D. what happened to the cat after I left, you didn't get the duct tape out did you? It did seem to crave human contact but really.

And to my squad 4 fellow shooters, thanks for the enjoyable two days of shooting, great bunch I learned a few things as always. Keith

Without echoing every other positive comment, this was without a doubt the best match - 1 gun, 2 gun or 3 gun - that I have ever attended or worked. Fantastic stages, outstanding staff and excellant competitors and I have every intention of shooting it and working it as long as I am able.

I'd like to publicly thank the staff on my stage, Christine and Frank Russo and especially Sgt. Mike Gasser, a superb example of the finest fighting force in the world.

Mike Hughes

Without echoing every other positive comment, this was without a doubt the best match - 1 gun, 2 gun or 3 gun - that I have ever attended or worked. Fantastic stages, outstanding staff and excellant competitors and I have every intention of shooting it and working it as long as I am able.

I'd like to publicly thank the staff on my stage, Christine and Frank Russo and especially Sgt. Mike Gasser, a superb example of the finest fighting force in the world.

Mike Hughes

Far and away the best match I have attended. Thanks to Stg Hampton and Linda Chico and jeff Crambit for all thier hard work throughout the year to put this together. Thanks to Mike Hampton our CRO for putting up with us, and to the competitors for their positive attitudes. Never have seen a group of competitors so willing to jump in and help past targets and set steel. I hope you guys will have us again next year.

Frank and Christine Russo

HATE I missed it, but just could not get away after all. :angry:

I'm sure it was fun, and what's the chances of Computer problems............AGAIN!!! :angry::angry::angry:

You guys/gals won't be so lucky next year............work will just have to kiss my A$$ ;)

See ya round.

Hopalong

Yet another great match! Even with the snafus at the end. We were there to shoot and have a great time and meet new/old friends. I think we all accomplished that much and more. Hamp, you know we will be there yet again next year, having yet another GREAT weekend! Thank you to to all who planned, organized, worked and sponsored this great match!!! Let's just hope the weather will be as wonderful as it was this year. Coming back to Benning brings back good and bad memories, butthey made those of us who have suffered through that even stronger and better people for having served! Thanks you for all of you serving today and yesterday so that we can enjoy shooting this match in a free country! C'ya next year folks! ;)

Lee, Daniel, and KC, need to be recognized for doing almost all of the hard work. I hope you guys will still talk to me when you're kicking my ass in matches this season.

Rest in peace, SFC Nguyen. We will never forget you.

I'd like to echo all the great comments and add one additional for the Post Commander and staff. Anyone who has been in the military and tried to put on an event like this knows it would be impossible with out the farward thinking of the command group.

SFC Hampton and AMU put on an excellect match which showcased the Army and its great soldiers. Linda, thanks for all your hard work leading up to and during the match. Jeff, great job. This was undoubtly the best match I've ever had the priviledge to attend and work.

There were 2 grenade stages.

On stage 1 you had to toss a grenade into a sandbagged circle. If it dropped in and bounced out it didn't count. It was worth 10 seconds.

On stage 9 you started by shooting an M203 smoke grenade into a circle in front of a car at 200 yards. If it went off in the circle or on the vehicle it was worth 10 seconds.

Edited by Scout454

SFC Hampton, Jeff, Linda and crew

Thank you for a great match both last year and this. If you go to the 3 day format I'll probably not be able to make it as it is a little hard getting that much time off from school near semester break. Again, thank you and the RO's for a fun weekend. Best wishes for the new year, and next year's match. regards

Les Snyder

6918th

6922nd

• 2 years later...
After pushing the enter key at 9:30:00 EST did anyone get the following message? Any idea what it means?

There appears to be a problem with the system.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

many many got it....... hoping it isnt doom on me

I got the same message.

Took a deep breath waited 15 seconds and hit the button again.

Got a page back reading:

Once you submit your information for a code number, you must print & complete the application

Linda will email you the code number for sign-in. Add the code number and your check to the application. Mail it by June 25, 2009

Contact Linda Chico for registration questions (email link below)

I think that means my page was accepted, which is good since I was submitted data for myself and a buddy.

After pushing the enter key at 9:30:00 EST did anyone get the following message? Any idea what it means?

There appears to be a problem with the system.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

many many got it....... hoping it isnt doom on me

Wrong thread. This is the 2008 thread

Linda Chico