Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

Hi Linda. I'm curious, what are you scoring the match with this year? Thanks. Bn

Excel spreadsheets. I 'borrowed' heavily from posted sheets from Rocky Mountain, NC Tactical, DPMS, etc & then added a few formula calculations to make my life easier. I am using a "forms" command in the individual stage spreadsheets for data entry (so we will essentially be entering only 2 numbers per shooter per stage).

I needed to keep it very simple, because we will have to do double entry (no other simple way to verify).

Since this is no doubt boring all the other forum readers to tears, I will send you copies of my test formulas & test spreadsheets off forum. Let me know what you think.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone having trouble accessing the rules for the match? Every time I try, my computer locks up...grrrr! If you can get in, can you email me the rules? Thanks

Cheryl :)

Sent them to you via email. let me know if those open for you okay

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Will we be able to use electric golf carts at the range?

This was answered earlier on this thread, but to summarize:

Any non-motorized cart is okay. All custom or commercial conveyances for your gear are okay. Pack your carts, wagons & baby carriages. Motorized carts for gear need to be approved on an individual basis by SFC Aaron Hampton. If your cart is capable, or designed to carry a person, it is prohibited and no exceptions will be entertained.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

If we have a DD Form 358 and complete a Risk Assessment for the AMU Commander to sign can we have a golf cart?

I'm kidding Linda.

Rich

Thanks for adding the "kidding" note. I am currently 'drowning' in paperwork and more from the Army would not surprise me. With less than 10 days to go & I'm afraid my sense of humor is lost! :ph34r:

I leave for Columbus GA next Tuesday & I can't wait for this match to start!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Thought I had covered this earlier -- For those who need to ship ammo or gear, please ship to yourself care of the host hotel. If the room is not reserved in your name, send it to the person who reserved the room.

Holiday Inn North Columbus

2800 Manchester Expressway

Columbus GA 31904

Hope that helps

Linda Chico (L-2035)

While I am not a big believer in 'long term' weather forecasts (they do good to get it right in a 24 hour time period!), I checked the 10 day forecast on both the Weather channel site & the National weather Service. Both predict 30% chance of rain on Thursday (our last set-up day) but party cloudy or sunny for Friday through Sunday December 1-3. Daytime highs 55 to 59 degrees F (and nighttime temps in the upper 30's).

Not too bad for December.

See you all next week (rain or shine). :)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

:huh: Possible rain eh?? What kind of soil is in the bays? I have tried dragging my wagon through wet globby soils too many times. Good drainage everywhere?

SFC Hampton & I went over the "rain plan" back in May. On my 'major match checklist,' you develop the "rain plan" before you start designing stages.

All the bays used for stages drain well. About half the bays have very sandy soil & the rest are hard packed clay. All the bays have grass on them.

The only bay that has issues with possible standing water is being used for a side match.

For those who did not see it last year, try this link for pictures of last years' match

http://www.cavalryarms.com/AMU-3G/AMU-2005-1.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)

PS: Thanks to the Cav Arms guys who took some great pictures last year!

Plan for the worst, hope for the best! The ground there at the range is sandy and clay, should not be to bad as long as we can still see the targets.

The Weather Channel is my friend. I WILL be watching closely as departure time nears..... We have yet to get into long pants weather here in Corpus Christi.... ;)

The Weather Channel is my friend. I WILL be watching closely as departure time nears..... We have yet to get into long pants weather here in Corpus Christi.... ;)

From the Weather Channel website:

Dec 1 Friday

A few showers possible (30 % chance), windy. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the upper 20s.

Dec 2 Saturday

Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 40s and lows in the low 30s.

Dec 3 Sunday

Mainly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 30s.

I would pack the long pants, Merlin :ph34r:

Linda Chico (L-2035)