Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

They are under local results. Holmen Practical Shooters. April 23 match.

I got to shoot on saturday and was very impressed by some of the stages. It was nice to see that Holmen has a range that will be great for Area 5 later this year.

Congrats to all the BE'ers that won their divisions! :)

Mr. DiVita - Open

Matt Cheely - Limited

Larry Houck - L10

Ben Stoeger- Production

Mike Carmoney - Revo

Ted Puente - Single Stack

I shot Sunday.

The weather was great, the facility and stages were excellent, the ROs were some of the best, match staff were friendly and efficient, I was squadded with a great crew, saw lots of old friends and met a few new folks for the first time, and they had the best beverage sponsor I've seen at a match by far! ;)

It doesn't get much better than that!

Hats off to Ronnie and company. I can tell already that Area 5 is going to be really, really good this year.

Matt, if you and Jake are going to put a whoopin' on us like this at area 5 we might have to consider a denial of the visa application for travel into the state...

Excellent performances, dominant really for both of you. I wish I could have been there to watch and learn. Congratulations!

I shot Sunday. First 'big' match for me, and I did OK. I didn't set anything on fire, I was more thinking of seeing where a 75-80% of full throttle run would put me in a bigger and more competitive pond. "Avoid the crash and burn at all costs" was my prep thought at each LAMR. I THINK I was 4th B Limited and 8th or 9th overall in Limited with 25ish shooters. I shot conservative, looking for lots of alphas and no problems. With a miss and a foot fault I still ended up with over 93% of the possible stage points for the entire match, and that was one of my goals going in. A couple of the targets had the potential to put me REALLY close to the 180 at my 'normal' speed, and I made SURE that didn't happen no matter what the time cost was. As I gain match experience I will get better at making decisions on where to push and where to back off a little. I have been shooting matches for a year now and really don't think I could expect a lot more than what I have gotten out of my game up to this point.

This was by far the smoothest run match I have been to, the staff did a fantastic job!

I can't wait to get out there for Area 5!!

I wish I would have checked in here sooner as I could have recommended some great places to eat. If you've got Google Earth, try zooming into Onalaska or La Crosse, WI and turning on the Dining layerset. There are lots of places listed. I'll see about getting some recommendations into the Area 5 matchbook too.

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to Ronnie & Lori, Jay & Annette, Mark M., Tom H., Perry Wilson, and everyone else that helped RO, setup and tear down.

Here's a panoramic pic I took at the La Crosse-over stage. The perspective is a little skewed, but its kind of a neat picture.

Stitched_001_800.jpg

hi-res (3 megs)

Look at it close... I found a way to clone Ronnie and Ben. ;)

Edited by mpthole

They are under local results. Holmen Practical Shooters. April 23 match.

I got to shoot on saturday and was very impressed by some of the stages. It was nice to see that Holmen has a range that will be great for Area 5 later this year.

Congrats to all the BE'ers that won their divisions!

Mr. DiVita - Open

Matt Cheely - Limited

Larry Houck - L10

Ben Stoeger- Production

Mike Carmoney - Revo

Ted Puente - Single Stack

Don't forget about us little guys that are still apart of the enos forum....I came in 2nd to MR.GRAND MASTER shooter CHEELY in limited.

That was an OUTSTANDING performance by Matt (except on the classifier stage :ph34r: ).

I wish you would have stayed in OPEN :D:lol::D .

There was NO down time between stages. It was a VERY efficiently run match. A GREAT job was done by the staff!

I can't wait until Area 5.

Sounds like you all had a fine match! There is a bit of a discussion here on chrono issues at the match. I was wondering if someone who chrono'ed some WWB in 9mm could share the results. I am planning on being at the Area 5 match and would like to hear what the results were for "planning" purposes.

TIA,

Chuck

Chuck

I was one of the few and proud who went minor at the WI sectional. My loads at home were giving me a PF of 172, at the match the best I could get was 162. Don't know what happened, haven't had a chance to check my loads since I got home. Great match, looking foward to area 5 with my super duper major making ammo.

Tom