Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sear/disconnector Grease?

nhglyn

What do Open shooters use for a really good sear/disconnector grease? Someone told me about Mccormick Trigger Slick but I can't find it for sale anywhere? Thanks for any information, I appreciate it.

I'd pointed out to nhglyn via email that the JP Trigger Prep that I use appears to no longer be available. It's some kind of moly based anti-seize or something like that... Good stuff...

Moly-Slide paste from Sinclair International (sinclairintlcom), but only on the hammer hooks. I can't tell the difference between it and Trigger slick. Comes in the same size container (probably just a different label). :lol:

Edited by Shadow

Here's the stuff I use on all my triggers. I've clipped & pasted directly from thier website.

This is the same company that sells the Moly kits for coating bullets.

NECO MOLY-SLIDE™. Molybdenum Disulfide (MoS2),

MOLY-SLIDE™ is a one (1) ounce plastic tube that contains approximately 60% laboratory-grade, extremely small, micron-sized Moly in paste form, formulated to have a consistency about like thick, common toothpaste. It has a very wide working temperature range with minimal evaporative loss. With careful use, a one ounce tube will usually last the average shooter/gunsmith or small machine shop for many, many years. A very little MOLY-SLIDE™ goes a very long way.

There is absolutely no graphite in NECO MOLY-SLIDE™.

NECO MOLY-SLIDE™ is available individually boxed or in case lots. Volume discounts are available.

http://www.neconos.com/details.htm

I'd pointed out to nhglyn via email that the JP Trigger Prep that I use appears to no longer be available. It's some kind of moly based anti-seize or something like that... Good stuff...

Dave,

I think I found it on JP's site; JPRifles> Rifle Parts> Trigger Parts and then scroll down to the last item on the page.

While I've used this with good results I still like STI's "Trigger Slick" a little better.

Ed

I think I found it on JP's site; JPRifles> Rifle Parts> Trigger Parts and then scroll down to the last item on the page.

I think that's different stuff, though - although I haven't confirmed that w/ JP. This stuff was marketed as "JP Trigger Prep"... I'd take a pic of the label, but it's long gone. When I get back from this weekend, I can take a pic of the bottle and the stuff in it, and see what you think :)