Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

February M.O.M.

Singlestack

There have been some really good threads this month. I would like to thank everyone for making this a great place.

Having said that, I would like to make 2 nominations this month.

1) Mr. Bruce Gary for his participation in the Nroi Ruling On Vanek Trigger For Production thread.

2) Mr. Rob Boudrie for his assistance to Brian in the successful and painless (for everyone else) move to a dedicated server.

Thank you Gentlemen.

B)

These are just my nominations. If there is someone you would like to nominate, please feel free to do so. :)

Rob gets my vote. I can't even comprehend what he did for us, but I do have a Linux book on the way... ;) Without Rob's help, right now we'd still be erroring out on the old server.

Actually maybe this opens up a whole new category - Rob gets my nomination for Member of the Year.

:D

I gotta vote for Rob too. I value Bruce's input/insight very highly but Rob did the magic act of moving the forums without serious incident. Since I do this sort of crap for a living I fully understand the magnitude of this contribution.

So, Rob is da man!

I also concur on Rob for member of the year. What he accomplished overnight and without hassle would take an average IT guy quite a bit of pharting around (I know because I am that average IT guy).

Rob is a server-side God and I bow to him in homage. I truly feel he deserves all our thanks for keepin our Forum experience seamless :-)

Thanks for the Jake nominations but he is a Moderator and we (the Mods) have removed ourselfs from eligibility.

I agree, it is a great idea he had though ;)

Brian made me a forum admin (access to the Admin as well as Mod control panels), so that means I'm not eligbile. Let's keep the M.O.M. honor as a reward for the best contibution to the content of discussions on the forum, not administrative service (hosting, moderating, configuration management, etc.). Besides, I already know that my work was appreciated.

Let's keep the M.O.M. honor as a reward for the best contibution to the content of discussions on the forum, not administrative service (hosting, moderating, configuration management, etc.).

That's a commendable suggestion Rob. And one I think we will begin honoring next month. For this month, I think we'd all be sad if we couldn't honor the feeling of: "if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be doing any of this right now." And besides, I really want to see those double hearts in your sig line for a month. ;)

Brian made me a forum admin (access to the Admin as well as Mod control panels), so that means I'm not eligbile.

Nice try. Although commendable (again) - not quite completely true. Although you do have adminCP and Mod control access - no actual moderator duties are required or expected of you. So that doesn't really count. And I'm speaking on behalf of all the moderators. (At least I think I am.)

And everyone don't forget - nominations can carry over to the following month.

be

A little more Rob support from George:

"He performed a Herculean task with a nonchalant attitude and in an extremely skilled manner. What he did overnight without a hitch would have taken me many bad days to just make happen and then another bad week debugging it.

Yeah, he did us all right and no matter what Rob says, he deserves some extra recognition from every member here every moment that we enjoy the new server with no issues :-)"

+1

be

Of course, Jake is the man and his posts are always great but I'm voting for Rob all the way. We're especially lucky to have him here in Area 7. He does too much to list. I'm sure all of us have experienced his handiwork on the web before without even knowing it.

Thanks Rob

Lots of people have helped with the forum over the years. Many times it's just an extra effort by someone that benefits countless members, but it's normally something anyone could have done had we taken the time.

I have no idea what Rob really did or how hard it was. But when I read a testimonial from members like George it makes me wonder what must have been involved. Certainly it was more than most of us would have known how to accomplish and probably more than many of us would have given had we the time...

BTW,,,I would think a fella that could so effortlessly spin such IT magic could easily have the M.O.M. graphic placed in thier sig by tomarrow...

:DB);)

BTW,,,I would think a fella that could so effortlessly spin such IT magic could easily have the M.O.M. graphic placed in thier sig by tomarrow...

:DB);)

It's coming up... I just talked to him and he sounded very busy, and hungry... so I'm sure he won't mind if I save him that little bit of work.

;)