Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N Frame Speedloader

Gary Stevens

Gary, the only Jet type loader for the N Frame 357 was the "Variant". It had indiviual springs under each round and could be "tuned" for various models. HKS and the comp II's were available. But neither was very smooth nor fast. Old PPC shooters might remember the Dade speedloader which was a better option if still available. Speedstik used to compete with the N Frame and the comp II's or the HKS but when he tried our L frames and Jet loaders he called us a bunch of cheaters. then promptly bought a L frame and the Jets. ;)

Well I got my 28 on a diet and got it down to 41.76 ounces on a 42 ounce limit. I hate losing that excess .24 of an ounce though :D

Now after all of this fuss and muss, I can't find anythign "high speed-low drag" for a speed loader. Needless to say I am not a happy camper.

Oh well, I guess this might give me a reason to get my 3 inch M-66 out of the safe and play with it.

Gary

Gary, if you start shooting that 3" Model-66 at our IDPA matches, as a properly certified IDPA SO.... I can promise you that I will chrono your "gamer" loads to see that they make minor.

I will also make sure that every possible procedural that can be assessed, will be assessed.

AND, just for general principles, I will hit you with FTDR penalties on every stage, just for general principles.

Why Failure To Do Right...Gary has been teasing me with that very nice Smith & Wesson Model 66 with a 3" barrel, for quite some time now, and if he starts to torture me some more by shooting it and waving it right under my nose, well, it just ain't right!!!!! :D

I'm looking for some myself. Best I can tell they are still available in Europe (jet loader type loaders). Germany IIRC.

If you know someone going across the pond maybe they can buy you some. My Brother in Law used to go over there for NATO stuff, wish he still did.

Ted

Gary I have both comp I and HKS speed loaders for my 627. I don't like the HKS very well, but the comp I's work very well. I use my 627 model of 1989 for PPC, so speed loading isn't an issue.

I never knew they made comp II's for the 627. Or was that a type'O?

Since you seem to leave that junk 66 in the safe all the time :o , how about givin' it a better home. Send it to me. :D

Spook,

Don't be fooled by the Fomeister buying the model 28...he's a closet wheelgunner and a pretty good one.

He's influenced easily and runs with a bad crowd...the Lexington mafia. They are a rough bunch of ne'er do wells who shoot bottom feeders :D He shoots limited to avoid being bullied by the tough kids. He's happiest when driving his model 610.

Dave

I had my 28 out today at the chrono for load development. Afterwards I drilled a bit with it.

Biggest problem with the COMP I type speedloaders is the complete lack of a good IDPA legal holder for it. All the open top ones have to cover the sides, which makes it pretty hard to pull them out. That leaves you with pocket carry or a snap top holder. Or to the devices of someone more clever than me who thinks of something else.

That's the main reason I wanted a Jet type loader for my N frame.

Can't use moonclips John, I am working on an IDPA stock service pistol. Have to use speedloaders.

Maybe I can find an IPSC shooter in Germany and have him pick some up for me. If I can, how many do you want?

Thanks Ted.

Gary

Ups, sorry, I´m a little late.... :rolleyes: - I just overread this thread - but I already gave a answer in the global village forum.... ;)

here´s the link to a older thread where round gun shooter was looking for the Longwitz Speedloader: be-thread

If you have a contact person in Germany (Army?), I could get the loaders for you and send them to your contact.

DVC!

Sascha

• 2 months later...