Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 8 Match

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Probably. The paths between some of the stages are tight and some areas have large gravel that, depending on your wheels, can be interesting. Shooters have brought them, and luggage carriers, etc., to the local matches there, so it is doable. I was going to bring my folding CED style one, but with everything so relatively close, and having shot there before, I opted to not use it. Your mileage may vary, though.

Edited by vluc

Woke up this morning and my eye was killing me. Flushed it out and still didn't help. Ended having to go to Urgent care because I couldn't open it. Found out I have a nice scratch on the cornea that happened some time last night while sleeping. :angry: I was supposed to shoot tomorrow and looks like thats not going to happen unless it starts feeling alot better. Still feels like its getting poked with a needle. Cornea heals within 24hrs but I still can't wear contact lenses. My daughter broke my glasses about 2 weeks ago so even if I could make it to the match I wouldn't be able to see :huh:

Flyin40

Edited by Flyin40

I have an aluminum 2 wheeler that I strap a small Igloo cooler to, put my range bag on that, and can lay a colapsable chair on top of all that if needed. Not clumsy like a cart, and not too heavy, but it carts my gear nicely. B)

Wow...has P_M cleaned up and put on a new face! From my last shoot there at the beginning of the month, a new surface near the shooting area (big rocks all gone - just at the lower end of the road), 2 new bays that are simply outstanding. Great job, Steve!

Walked the stages today to prep for tomorrow, talked with the shooters...looks to be a very fun and challenging match. See you guys there tomorrow!

I'll second what vluc said...this place looks outstanding!!! The stages are good tests that will make you push just enough to screw up. An excellent mixture of memory, hoser, accurracy and several ways to shoot them. I spent over 3 hours getting my plans together, and am still programming!!! :blink: Tommorrow is gonna be fun. ;)

Thanks to Squad 13 for a great match day! Nothin' better than a fun squad that knows where the pasters are kept.

Kudos to the folks that put on the match. Everything went smoothly and the match was great fun.

Thanks Hopalong for making me a better shooter today - well, for the first part anyway <_< . Good competition always makes us shoot better. Damn lunch killed my momentum. Stage one just plain killed me. :lol:

Good luck to everyone thats shooting Saturday and Sunday.

I found out that there was no room to shoot the match any other day :rolleyes:<_<:huh: so I had to either chance it and go or take the loss of the match fee. I decided to go ahead and chance it. By the time I got to the match my eye was good enough to shoot with. Had a great time at the match, I thought the stages were great.

Results anyone??? We were told they would be up???? Don't know if they were posted somewhere else beside USPSA.

Flyin40

Edited by Flyin40