Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skeletonized N-frame Factory Mim Hammer

Carmoney

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was actually part of my thesis project when I earned my M.A. Degree in Dremology from RGI.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

This was actually part of my thesis project when I earned my M.A. Degree in Dremology from RGI.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

Oh! And Thanks!!

Here's the hammer out of the gun:

hammer1.jpg

And here's the hammer in my 625:

hammer2.jpg

Nice hammer. Who's cylinder release is that? As a lefty, I think that would be much better than the one that came on my 625.

Thanks,

-Cuz

Every time Carmoney posts something about revolver gunsmithing it makes me want to start shooting sixguns in competition.

Just how light and small can you make a hammer and it still work?

I'm still procrastinating chopping the spur off of my only double-action revolver(a Rossi M88 carry gun), while you seem to be content turning every hammer within reach into a feather.

Nice work. Having a hammer that looks cool too is a sweet deal.

Who's cylinder release is that?

That's the Ed Brown. I used a stock release until I switched to the Spook/Dan style reload.

Every time Carmoney posts something about revolver gunsmithing it makes me want to start shooting sixguns in competition.

:D DO IT!!

Yeah, and Carmoney says he's going to be too busy with his work to shoot with us this year ;)

Looks like to me if he has so much time to "Dremmellology" he has time to shoot a match or two...... :huh:

And Spook, you may not have passed the Dremmel course, but you sure passed the Grip modification course. ;)

Now back to the porch for me: :D

HOP

Yeah, and Carmoney says he's going to be too busy with his work to shoot with us this year ;)

Looks like to me if he has so much time to "Dremmellology" he has time to shoot a match or two...... :huh:

And Spook, you may not have passed the Dremmel course, but you sure passed the Grip modification course. ;)

HOP

I know Carmoney,,,,I'm guessing his dremmellology is done when the sun isn't shining,,,,,,,(insert joke here)

H4444

HOP

I know Carmoney,,,,I'm guessing his dremmellology is done when the sun isn't shining,,,,,,,(insert joke here)

H4444

Better than where the sun doesn't shine?

Mike, Randy, Anyone.....

I have a question about Hammer Reduction Surgery.

Is there a point that you must progress to, or it won't work. In other words, must I go to a certain level of reduction or it either doesn't help, or won't work at all.

I am deciding how much I am going to take off, and what I want the finished product to look like.

On a side note, and I don't mean to cause thread drift.

When I drop the hammer I hear/feel a vibration. Like the hammer is bouncing when it hits. I don't have this in any of my other revolvers, and wonder if it is a result of the Mainspring / Rebound spring not being as heavy as it was from the factory.

Is this a good, bad, or doesn't matter thing.

Jim

Jim, In my limited experience with my two 627s and 625 that sounds normal. It is similar to the sound of my Koenig race hammers on all my 1911s when I dry fire. Not the snap you are used to hearing but kind of a resonance due to the lighter part....Hope that helps! DougC

• 2 weeks later...

...Mike, I'm curious if you WEIGHED the hammer in qusetion--the one you applied your "Dremelology" to--before end after the "Surgery"???...It would be interesting to know what the weight reduction was in total...Thanks....mikey357

...Mike, I'm curious if you WEIGHED the hammer in qusetion--the one you applied your "Dremelology" to--before end after the "Surgery"???...It would be interesting to know what the weight reduction was in total...Thanks....mikey357

The hammer's off getting plated with the rest of the gun. I'll weigh it after it gets home. Kinda curious myself. (Remind me if I forget, OK?)

Hey Guys,

Here is my rendition of the "Claw" Hammer.

I wanted it to fill the void behind the hammer without losing the benefit of skeletonizing.

Hope the pictures come through well enough for you to see.

Jim

post-6979-1138313541_thumb.jpgpost-6979-1138313612_thumb.jpg[attac

ment=3576:attachment]

post-6979-1138313659_thumb.jpg

post-6979-1138313869_thumb.jpg

Edited by aerosigns

Hey Guys,

Here is my rendition of the "Claw" Hammer.

I wanted it to fill the void behind the hammer without losing the benefit of skeletonizing.

Hope the pictures come through well enough for you to see.

Jim

So have you had a chance to shoot it ??

Lowered your spring weight any ??