Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts after first matches with Prod 15?

rowdyb

18 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Yea, and the fat gm likely looked at all the running and knew that he didn't have any chance against faster folks at his shooting skill level that he could normally beat or compete with. 

Well, you can't win them all 🤣🤣

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/17/2024 at 11:59 AM, Schutzenmeister said:

I voted in favor for three reasons:

- Normalization w/IPSC Rules

- The 10 round limit was a genuflection to the (BS) '94 federal ban

- The (BS) '94 ban EXPIRED 20 years ago

The fewer reloads thing was a by-product and a gift.

YMMV

Unfortunately, that is not the case in the states that I shoot in...

:(

9 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Yea, and the fat gm likely looked at all the running and knew that he didn't have any chance against faster folks at his shooting skill level that he could normally beat or compete with. 

not if he was good at math. since there is literally only a couple seconds difference between a fast guy and a non disabled slow guy over a hundred yards, it seems like the shooting might end up being alot more important. making up an uncalled miss on steel typically takes a second or more. an error leading to a standing reload (this was a ss match) is around 3 seconds. with 40-50 shots and stage times near a minute, 2-3 seconds of running speed are not nearly as important as 40-50 transitions and 5-6 each position entries and exits. most people who think they suck at running are really losing the time on entries and exits.

sure, every possible skill provides a slight advantage for the people who are good at that skill, but in my experience it all comes out in the wash.

10 hours ago, motosapiens said:

it seems like the shooting might end up being alot more important.

No debate. And Ben Stoeger could probably still beat a lot of pcc and open guys shooting iron sights and low capacity. For fair competition between people at an equal skill level I still very much prefer what I consider to be a balanced match. My favorite match director often makes the point that you need to guard against the tendency to build stages that favor what you are best at. 

Production-15 has been a thing for what, a month and a half now?  In winter.  Seems a little premature to claim the sky is or isn't falling.

2 hours ago, shred said:

Production-15 has been a thing for what, a month and a half now?  In winter.  Seems a little premature to claim the sky is or isn't falling.

yeh.. wish there were more matches near me.. I am gonna try the USPSA an hour away. but decided to shoot Limited with the STI,, was on fence about production 15, with the XDM osp,, dont have an optic on it . will see how this club goes,  Havent shot the game in a long long time,,, was unpacking ammo, and I got match ammo loaded with Hornady Haps,, dated in 2008