Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minimalist match bag...

ColoradoNick

I'm sick of carrying around my wheeled bag with way too much #@$% in it. It'll still live in my truck at matches most likely but I'm looking for a much smaller shoulder bag. Requirements are- 

Room for my Shadow 2 in a small rug, 6 magazines, 200 rounds (usually in a SRO plastic case), magazine brush, mag loader, Sordins, Oakley sunglass case. Anything smaller than the Shooters Connection Pro bag? I have a feeling I'll just jam more crap in it as well. 

I switched to backpacks after years of overflowing shooting bags no matter the size, but most shooting backpacks are equally huge so I generally use a regular pack with low volume and lots of pockets and a non-black interior (5.11 something or other right now)

For a minimalist bag, LAPG gave away some pistol bags at Nationals a couple years ago that are way nicer than your usual freebie.  Room for a pistol and the other stuff you list and not a lot more.  Might be someone around here with one lying around.

I use a regular (medium?) sized laptop backpack, has lots of pockets and organization for my stuff.

Heres what I can fit in it:

A Tanfo Stock 1

6 mags (1 in the gun another in a mag pouch which in integrated to my nylon holster)

1-2 earmuffs 

2 silicone earplugs

my ess eyeshields with hard case.

uplula

small tool kit with a small hammer

roll of masking tape

small cleaning kit

my outer belt with mag pouches and holster attached (really coiled up well)

a pistol rug

one or two markers

a couple of kneepads

my shooting hat

I haven't tried putting 200 rounds of ammo in the backpack yet as I carry my ammo in a separate shopping bag

Nice thing about it is it does not look like a gun bag and has some padding to kinda protect the stuff inside.

I even attached a nylon holster using velcro to the laptop compartment and this is where my gun is, much like a ccw setup.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:55 AM, fbzero said:

Just to revisit this for anyone else looking and since I got it yesterday and also got a chance to try it. It was exactly what I was looking for.  

8 hours ago, Dchassejr said:

I'll second that. This bag is much smaller than than its bigger brother. Only

holds enough to get you through a club match. Shoulder strap works better

than a backpack style bag for me. Backpack always contacts my gun in holster. Not able to use other shoulder. injury.

On 10/27/2023 at 4:11 PM, LDRIDER said:

I'll second that. This bag is much smaller than than its bigger brother. Only

holds enough to get you through a club match. Shoulder strap works better

than a backpack style bag for me. Backpack always contacts my gun in holster. Not able to use other shoulder. injury.

I get everything I need for a major in this bag. 300 rounds, over ear pro, in ear pro, tool kit, spare parts container.