Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

White River Energetics Primers

darthdively

So it looks like we have a new primer manufacturer based in the South called White River Energetics, LLC. Not much about them online.  I found them from a reloading supply online retailer. I honestly rolled the dice and bought some just to see how well they work. Anyone else here have any experience with them and would like to share your experience with these? I did send them an email asking about their product. If I get a response, I'll be glad to share the information. Looks like there is some introductory pricing right now. Roughly the same price as Ginex and Servicios that are being offered online.

I figured I would start this thread so some people can follow it as well.

Hopefully these will work well and we have another American Made primer source we can rely on.

How did they sneak in under the radar?  We had all sorts of free advertising for Expansion Industries vaporware, never heard of White River.  

I might think you guys are joshing me when I read 

that 

White River Energetics Manufactures:

Small, Medium, and Large Pistol and Rifle Primers
using the traditional Lead Styphnate process.

Medium primers, really, now.

Edited by Jim Watson
Read the advertisement.

I got mine today also.  I loaded up about 50 and will use them in a local match tomorrow.   I did test the sensitivity in my shadow 2 with extended firing pin.  I loaded up 10 empty pieces of 9mm brass and they all went bang.  They load good in my Hornady LNL.   Primer seating is between CCI and Fiocchi.  Primer height is .120ish.  

16 minutes ago, bodybag0 said:

I got mine today also.  I loaded up about 50 and will use them in a local match tomorrow.   I did test the sensitivity in my shadow 2 with extended firing pin.  I loaded up 10 empty pieces of 9mm brass and they all went bang.  They load good in my Hornady LNL.   Primer seating is between CCI and Fiocchi.  Primer height is .120ish.  

You have to give a report on your experience with them.  I was going to order 5k for my Shadow 2, but was wanting to hear someone’s opinion before I ordered.  Yours will be great since we are both using the same type of gun and extended firing pin.

52 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

They have been all over me since I considered their "medium" primer to be a sign of a hoax or scam.  I guess I will have to try some as my needs call for a purchase.  

They maybe meant Magnum....not medium

2 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

Well, what he said was

Our website designer just happens to not be very experienced in the ammunition industry and made a mistake.

Did they find this thread?  I emailed them last week but never heard from them yet.

Range Report:

Good news. these seem to work really well. I shot 100+ rounds today with 0 malfunction/light strike issue. I'm shooting a Shadow 2. I typically use a 13 lb hammer/main spring because it can pop rifle primers but for the test I went ahead and used a fresh CZC 10lb hammer/main spring. I'm also using a CGW firing pin & spring. All went bang. 60 or 70 was with double action and the rest were with single action. The temperature was roughly 50 degrees starting at the range and warmed up quickly to close to 70 degrees. The indentions were shallow as one might expect.

The cups on these primers seem to be pretty soft. While loading 200 I had 7 that did not seat properly while using my dillon 650. I didn't even notice the improper seating during loading on a few of them. I found them during my QC process. 3 or 4 were with crimped primer pocketed brass. Looking through some of the trays i found some primer cups not to be perfectly round. I really had to look hard to find this. So this may be a factor. Performance wise, these are great... so far. The rule of large numbers(samples) are yet to be applied.

I hope this was helpful for a lot of you.

Shadow 2

10lb CZC hammer spring(never used before today)

CGW firing pin & firing pin spring.

Good Luck!

Shoot strait. Stay safe. Have fun.

23 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

It's alive! Uh, they are real. I got a sample today, with "gear" including cap, shirts, and mug.
My comments on "medium" primers got their attention.  
Thanks, Kenneth.  
Loading trials tomorrow, firing tests Saturday or Sunday.
image.thumb.jpeg.91a0df4a3108d8964ea8e1d221737186.jpeg

You got some free swag??!! I'm jealous!

When their shipping guy called to tell me my stuff was in the works, he said most of their production is going to ammo companies.  He said that he was sending 12 pallets of primers to an OEM in an unspecified  foreign country which the state department had certified as unlikely to shoot them at us.

Which seems strange considering all the imported primers being sold here. 

Edited by Jim Watson

I sent them an email a few days ago.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in WRE's primers.

2024 is sold out for primers other than current OEM customers and new factory customers.  

We do not directly sell our primers. However, we maintain a limited supply through our distributor in South Carolina. To explore procurement options, I recommend contacting Karen Gerard at Shooter’s World. Her email address is shootersworldsc@gmail.com.

If you encounter any difficulties in reaching Karen or have further inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

The WRE Sales Team

I loaded some 9mm P with White River SP primers yesterday and shot them today.
Mixed brass made evaluation difficult, but I got the idea they were a little harder than WW to seat in cases with tight primer pockets.  
91 rounds in three guns; Colt 1991A1, SA Ultra Compact, and S&W Plastic M&P. 
All fired. Indents were deep. 

I will load some more and take the UC to a BUG match next weekend.  

I gave some to a friend, 9mm to shoot in a Glock, primers to load in .38 Special to try in his tuned "Federal Only" Python.