Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load for short barrel PCCs

I'm looking for a 135 power factor load for my 5.5" bbl GMR-15.  I see the most popular bullet weight from the 2021 USPSA World Championship was 124/125gr.  A lot of people are telling me that coated bullets will foul the comp pretty fast.  But that's not an issue for me.  I have my sights on a 125gr Blue Bullet, OAL 1.014 and Tite Group.  Need to be legal for IDPA.

Edited by Rob5r

I have 2 short barrel PCC's 5" Taccom barrels and a 13" Taccom.  I run 124gr plated bullets from Everglades ammo with 3.3gr of Titegroup with a 1.10 OAL.  I don't recall the PF, but it functions well in all my guns, not just my PCC's.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been running the Taccom 5” with shroud using BBI coated bullets for a couple years now and still have never cleaned the shroud/comp. The inside of the shroud has a very thin layer of fouling, but nothing has gunked up. 

Take this for what it's worth as I load for Steel Challenge and don't need to make PF.  In my load testing and development over the years I found the following:

image.png.7f1adca32193d0a2877a4c15c66d26c7.png

image.png.af465a28f7b6ae7a480291214dfc0048.png

The PC Bullet (RNFP) is a poly-coated and the Everglades (RN) is plated.  I know it's not as popular but Clays is really soft shooting and the 147gr. gets me to minor with no pressure spikes or anything.  My AR-V has the Taccom XLW barrel so the effective rifling is 5.25" which is the same as my Canik TP9 SFx.

• 4 weeks later...