Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Choosing a IDPA Carry Optics Gun

MisfitGeek

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 3:37 PM, RangerTrace said:

It might be close on weight.  I shot an iron sighted Artemis last year at a major and I was like .1 ounces from being overweight.  

Hmmm, not sure thats a gun I want to start dremeling out of the box to make weight

Their website says 39oz for the gun. Would appear thats without Magwell and Mag. Plus Optic. Not alot of play room

On 10/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, Dutchman195 said:

Hmmm, not sure thats a gun I want to start dremeling out of the box to make weight

Their website says 39oz for the gun. Would appear thats without Magwell and Mag. Plus Optic. Not alot of play room

Carry Optics weight limit is 45 oz with an empty mag inserted.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:17 PM, gairman said:

Would a CZ Shadow 2 Compact be a good IDPA gun? I'm guessing a standard Shadow 2 might be too heavy? 

CZ shadow 2 Compact weighs less then 31oz, so you have plenty room to play with optics and heavier grips if wanting.

Edited by DocMedic

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Yogiibare said:

Doc, what did you have to do to get it to fit? 

Removed the sights ( they where the large tactical ones) and shave down the right thumb safety.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 1:03 AM, DocMedic said:

Removed the sights ( they where the large tactical ones) and shave down the right thumb safety.

I've always wanted a 226 x5. Is it really worth the price now that it's USA made?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 3:29 PM, Bakerjd said:

I've always wanted a 226 x5. Is it really worth the price now that it's USA made?

"worth" is subjective. Its as good as any STI/Staccato pistol I own though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 10:24 AM, Andy9 said:

This is what I am running this next year.  

Red is the new Orange  👹

image0.jpeg

Will that make weight and fit in the box?  I'm new to IDPA so just curious.  Is that the shadow 2 or tactical sport orange?  Thanks!

On 3/5/2024 at 3:04 PM, minnesota1 said:

Will that make weight and fit in the box?  I'm new to IDPA so just curious.  Is that the shadow 2 or tactical sport orange?  Thanks!

It is a non-optics ready Shadow 2 Orange. 

It does make weight, 44.5 oz. 

To do that requires the slide to be machined to loose about 3 / 4 oz. and this was done by Primary Machine. 

The grip and magwell are from LOK Grips and have relief cuts on the back side for additional weight reduction.  

15 minutes ago, Andy9 said:

It is a non-optics ready Shadow 2 Orange. 

It does make weight, 44.5 oz. 

To do that requires the slide to be machined to loose about 3 / 4 oz. and this was done by Primary Machine. 

The grip and magwell are from LOK Grips and have relief cuts on the back side for additional weight reduction.  

Thanks!  Who did the milling?