Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP-5 replacement trigger

On 12/12/2023 at 3:36 AM, telligentgunner said:

This is not correct.  I put in a Timney AR-15 Competition 3 lb trigger (667S-ST) and it works really well.  The slope on the cassette allows it to fit.

I have an extra one for sale here if anyone is looking to use anything else other than the Geissele:

What is the reset like compared to the stock JP5 trigger?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Has anyone here with a JP Modular trigger, who replaced the hammer/trigger/disconnector springs with aftermarket lightweight spring to try and get a lower pull weight without sacrificing reliability?

From what I can see, the JP triggers should use standard AR springs?

Edited by Blackstone45

Don’t see the point messing with the jp triggers. I tried the SD3G and didn’t notice much difference. Your faster splits aren’t what win stages. So taking splits from .16 to .14 is going to do what?

Taran put out a great video on this as well.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:38 PM, brian45acp said:

Don’t see the point messing with the jp triggers. I tried the SD3G and didn’t notice much difference. Your faster splits aren’t what win stages. So taking splits from .16 to .14 is going to do what?

Taran put out a great video on this as well.

video link?

On 11/10/2023 at 6:46 PM, Crazen14 said:

I can assure you that no parts are ever skipped in prep or skimped out on. Every trigger, hammer and disconnecter has a prep process and trigger feel can vary from builder to builder. As for the short rear screw, that’s installed as a plug screw not a fake screw. That rear hole is for “pro” installs which is something you can do yourself if you get the kit but won’t be built unless specified due to very light triggers (2lbs) and safety. Hope that helps.

What? Theres nothing on the JP site that mentions a pro package kit to drop trigger weight.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I cannot remember where I saw it, possibly on Facebook, but someone has adapted the Hyperfire trigger to work in the JP5.  Does anyone have any information on this?

The full Eclipse will not work. It will work if you do not install the toggle springs. 

some great info on this thread.  been getting used to my JP5.  one thing I like about the geissele triggers are the 2 stage setups.  i have an SDC I was going to put into the JP5.   did that today but ran into issues a) getting the factory safety back in, and b) once in, the trigger was basically locked up.  i reverted and put the stock factory jp trigger and safety back in.   based on this thread which I just found, would you summize that this is because of the safety not working with that geissele trigger?   what safety do you suggest that you know would work with the geissele triggers? thx. 

On 6/9/2024 at 8:12 PM, spg993tt said:

some great info on this thread.  been getting used to my JP5.  one thing I like about the geissele triggers are the 2 stage setups.  i have an SDC I was going to put into the JP5.   did that today but ran into issues a) getting the factory safety back in, and b) once in, the trigger was basically locked up.  i reverted and put the stock factory jp trigger and safety back in.   based on this thread which I just found, would you summize that this is because of the safety not working with that geissele trigger?   what safety do you suggest that you know would work with the geissele triggers? thx. 

Any non JP safety will work

44 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Any non JP safety will work

thx.  i ended up getting a Geissele ambi safety 32bucks. works flawless with the geissele sdc 2 stage.  used it this past week, worked really well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 5:35 AM, Blackstone45 said:

Still waiting for them to release the short-throw safety selector that they announced at SHOT

i think it is already an option when using the builder. idk about individual product pages though.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been in a similar spot with my own PCC setup. I’ve got a JP-5 too and love the rifle, but I also have a Hyperfire Eclipse in another build that I’m really fond of. From what I’ve seen, the Eclipse trigger is specifically designed for certain setups, and while it’s known to work with the MPX, it’s less clear about compatibility with the JP-5.