Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP-5 replacement trigger

I got a JP-5 last month and it is impressive. The trigger is good but, I have another PCC with a Hyperfire Eclipse trigger that is a better trigger for me. I know the the Eclipse will work on the MPX but, does anyone know if it work on the JP-5?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MCW said:

I know the the Eclipse will work on the MPX but, does anyone know if it work on the JP-5?

No.  Not without significant modification, and even then I think it is a no go do the spring orientation of that trigger.  The JP5 does not work with any cassette type of trigger due to the orientation of their ejector.  The ejector takes up a significant amount of real-estate in the trigger well.  

Triggers have already been talked about rather extensively in the thread below.  There is also a picture of the ejector assembly on page 11 of that thread to get an understanding of what I am talking about.

Most people have opted for the Geiselle SD-3G trigger with the lighter spring installed.  

Edited by Boomstick303
55 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

No.  Not without significant modification, and even then I think it is a no go do the spring orientation of that trigger.  The JP5 does not work with any cassette type of trigger due to the orientation of their ejector.  The ejector takes up a significant amount of real-estate in the trigger well.  

Triggers have already been talked about rather extensively in the thread below.  There is also a picture of the ejector assembly on page 11 of that thread to get an understanding of what I am talking about.

Most people have opted for the Geiselle SD-3G trigger with the lighter spring installed.  

Thanks, I appreciate the reply and the advice. The take up on the JP is what I don't like and I would prefer 2# instead of 3 3/4# but, it does have a nice reset. 

Thanks, I appreciate the reply and advice. The take up on the JP is what I don't like and would prefer 2# instead of # 3/4# but, it does have a nice reset.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, near15 said:

Can you use the pins that come with the SD3G (in the JP5), or do you need some sort of anti-walk pins?

Geiselle actually only reccomends their pins and claims others dont work. 

I run the ones it came with and havent had a issue. 

If you get anti walk pins make sure to get the ones specific to Geiselle triggers. 

I have had zero issues with the Geiselle stock pins in both my AR and my JP5 to date.

With that said, I initially started with the Geiselle specific anti walk trigger pins installed on my AR for two seasons without issue either.  I think it comes down to personal preference.  

Don't use the undersized anti walk pins as to my understanding they can waller out the trigger pins holes in the trigger. 

My micrometer says the KNS Gen 2 non-rotating, anti-walk pins and the Geiselle pins that came with the SD3G are exactly the same diameter .1550".

IIRC KNS used to sell the SD3G with the Gen 2 anti-walk pins.  Currently they sell the Geiselle Super 3-Gun trigger and Gen 2 pins.

https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/geissele-super-3g-trigger-gen-g-mod2-bk-combo/

Nolan

Edited by Nolan

The "head" on those KNS anti-walk pins won't fit in the small pin area on the JP5 right hand side near the mag release.  Looks like you could prob file on the outside of the "head" to make it fit?  Or can you just use the JP anti-walk pins?

2 hours ago, near15 said:

The "head" on those KNS anti-walk pins won't fit in the small pin area on the JP5 right hand side near the mag release.  Looks like you could prob file on the outside of the "head" to make it fit?  Or can you just use the JP anti-walk pins?

DOH!  So many rifles, so little memory!  My JP5 came with JP anti-walk pins which are still on the rifle with the Geiselle trigger.  Which explains why the KNS pin set was still in my parts bin.  I think the small Build a Kit link bars will fit.

https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/gen-2-mod-2-build-a-kit/

Nolan

I have rise armament anti walk pins. 

Another thing to add, the factory safety wouldn’t work with the SD3G

I installed a battle arms development 60 degree safety because the factory safety didn’t work with SD3G. It’s as if JPs safety only works with factory trigger 

56 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

Another thing to add, the factory safety wouldn’t work with the SD3G

I did not realize this as I installed the Radian 45 degree safety when I installed the SD3G trigger.  That safety works great with that trigger.

58 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

It’s as if JPs safety only works with factory trigger

That seems weird as you would think its just a normal AR trigger safety.

8 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

I did not realize this as I installed the Radian 45 degree safety when I installed the SD3G trigger.  That safety works great with that trigger.

IMG_6362.jpeg.1d6568941108bc76bf2e4ad504c77753.jpeg

I’m sure the tab on the factory safety can be ground off 

13 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Ditto, I had to go look at the take off trigger AND safety.  Mine have the same half moon recess in the trigger and extra material in the safety.

I also checked the KNS anti-walk pin set against the JP5 and the Build-A-Kit link bars might fit with a little grinding.  The JP anti-walk pins work fine.  I'll just use the KNS pins on the next rifle.

Nolan

On 5/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, Boomstick303 said:

Do you know if the Radian 45 degree safety selector will work with the factory JP-5 trigger?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 5:26 PM, DwightSchrute said:

Do you know if the Radian 45 degree safety selector will work with the factory JP-5 trigger?

On 5/31/2023 at 12:59 PM, mrvip27 said:

it will not according to JP.

On 5/31/2023 at 1:24 PM, Boomstick303 said:

From the above conversation and according to JP, no.  

Update:  since I already had a Radian Talon 45/90 ambidextrous safety, I went ahead and attempted to install it in my JP-5 with the JP trigger.  I had to remove the JP trigger to get the JP safety out, but once I did, the Radian safety went right in.  For me, the 45 degree safety selector makes a world of difference when disengaging the safety from the stock on belt position.  The only odd development is that I am now able to engage the safety with the hammer down with the 45 degree selector set up;  I was never able to do that with a 90 degree selector.  But other than that, the Radian Talon 45/90 ambidextrous safety works well with the JP trigger in my JP-5.

Edited by DwightSchrute
3 minutes ago, DwightSchrute said:

The only odd development is that I am now able to engage the safety with the hammer down with the 45 degree selector set up;  I was never able to do that with a 90 degree selector.

Maybe this is the reason JP indicated it does not work.

4 hours ago, DwightSchrute said:

Update:  since I already had a Radian Talon 45/90 ambidextrous safety, I went ahead and attempted to install it in my JP-5 with the JP trigger.  I had to remove the JP trigger to get the JP safety out, but once I did, the Radian safety went right in.  For me, the 45 degree safety selector makes a world of difference when disengaging the safety from the stock on belt position.  The only odd development is that I am now able to engage the safety with the hammer down with the 45 degree selector set up;  I was never able to do that with a 90 degree selector.  But other than that, the Radian Talon 45/90 ambidextrous safety works well with the JP trigger in my JP-5.

Interesting...Just not sure I like the idea of the safety being engaged hammer down.

Edited by mrvip27