Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold Bullets

gunner40sw

When Star went bankrupt I predicted someone would buy the machinery and get it going again... which promptly happened, and became Precision Delta.

I'm sure someone will buy the MG plant and keep it going. I'll switch to another brand if I have to but in my tests MGs are the most accurate.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

been monitoring the site for a while and it looks like all they produce now are 115 JHPs. Are they selling 124's to other suppliers? I have heard a rumor that the company is for sale - any truth to that?

1 hour ago, frankge said:

been monitoring the site for a while and it looks like all they produce now are 115 JHPs. Are they selling 124's to other suppliers? I have heard a rumor that the company is for sale - any truth to that?

Been for sale for around a year. Talked to another company about it and he said for that price it probably won’t sell very fast either. 
https://montanagoldbullet.com/for-sale-bullet-manufacturing-plant/?fbclid=IwAR3uvS2NpaEv2JLqDt7zCZ6wMhbOpcpY33o53aHmQI8wL6-JBO1KMvjutBA

Edited by Farmer
Added

On 2/28/2024 at 1:41 PM, frankge said:

Last year I had luck buying there 124 gr JHP. Usually Monday-Tuesday Morning at 9amish or 10am (EST, i forgot its been a while since I bought them) they have it in stock.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2024 at 4:48 PM, CocoBolo said:

I gave up a while back and just bought Precision Delta's, it was either that a convert to spud gun.

This sucks!  MGs have been my favorite for the last 15 years.  Been checking almost daily multiple times from 4am-12pm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a shame.  Loved their 124s.  For the folks using Precision Delta 124 JHPs that converted over from Montana Golds, any difference in quality and size consistency noticed while reloading?

26 minutes ago, Sawlsville said:

What a shame.  Loved their 124s.  For the folks using Precision Delta 124 JHPs that converted over from Montana Golds, any difference in quality and size consistency noticed while reloading?

I had to increase the case mouth flare just a smidge when I switched to PD 124 V2's.  Otherwise they have been exceptional.