Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo3 Max - Design Update

Khaot1c

I posted this over in Sig Talk forum.

I purchased a 320 Max a couple of weeks back.  The Romeo3 Max looks to have gotten an 'update' on the buttons...

There's a thread in the Open forums about a few people having issues with the dimmer button. 

I have 4 of these optics on other match/practice guns and they ALL have issues with the buttons.

Either they don't register on the first/second press or they require a LOT of force in order to register...

The 'new' buttons are flush and don't offer the tactile sound/feel when pressed.

The pistol case is dated Jan of 2023. 

Old (REV1) on the left and new (REV2) on the right.

image.thumb.jpeg.66f0414ca5af18fbf9af25f5a5562be2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Khaot1c said:

I have 4 of these optics on other match/practice guns and they ALL have issues with the buttons.

Either they don't register on the first/second press or they require a LOT of force in order to register...

have you sent any of them back yet? we had one that had a button totally quit working that we sent back last year. Now our 2nd is getting dodgy. wondering if I need to wait until it completely fails, or if having to press it hard multiple times is enough.

I sent in two old R3Max for defective buttons a month or so ago.  Got back two new ones.  I didn't examine them to know if they're any different, but the proof is in the pudding so we'll see how they hold up.

On 4/19/2023 at 4:25 PM, motosapiens said:

have you sent any of them back yet? we had one that had a button totally quit working that we sent back last year. Now our 2nd is getting dodgy. wondering if I need to wait until it completely fails, or if having to press it hard multiple times is enough.

I haven't sent any in yet. I plan to do that soon.  

On 4/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, Dirty_J said:

The ol’ Sig unofficial, non-generational product changes to solve issues they don’t want to admit to. When will the beta-testing on customers end?!??

While Sig is a repeat offender on many platforms in regards to Beta Testing, wasn't everyone beta testing everyone's slide ride optics?   None of them are bullet proof.

On 4/19/2023 at 7:44 PM, Dirty_J said:

The ol’ Sig unofficial, non-generational product changes to solve issues they don’t want to admit to. When will the beta-testing on customers end?!??

free replacement forever.... i don't mind beta-testing I guess.

5 hours ago, motosapiens said:

free replacement forever.... i don't mind beta-testing I guess.

Can't really argue with that, as long as you have a spare to use while the primary is off getting repaired.

23 hours ago, Cuz said:

Can't really argue with that, as long as you have a spare to use while the primary is off getting repaired.

That's my issue. Well one of them. The other is they didn't seem to happy with me asking if I could warranty a R3m that I'm not the original owner of. 

On 4/23/2023 at 8:40 PM, Bakerjd said:

That's my issue. Well one of them. The other is they didn't seem to happy with me asking if I could warranty a R3m that I'm not the original owner of. 

did they ask for proof of purchase ? What was the end result ??

hoping they took care of you… I’ll be in the same boat here shortly. 

You can warranty ones bought secondhand. They don’t ask where you bought it, rounds fired, anything. Just serial and the issue. Send it in totally bare, keep your old battery tray, screws, all that. I think I’ve bought maybe 1 new Romeo 3 xl and have had like 8 warrantied without a problem.