Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last news was the more info would be coming after Tax Season. So something should be in the pipeline soon.

I hope so, I sent in my app over a month ago now and nothing yet.

• 4 weeks later...

What's the status of this match? With this match only about 2 months away haven't seen or heard much. Is this match even going to go? I’ve heard that most of last years staff won’t be back.

All of them!!!!!!!!......just the fact that i knew i had a back up for anything would be great. IE....A stage i shot last year and the year prior.......I took the last shot with my rifle and hit the last plate......lucked out both times, because i did not have any more ammo on me for the rifle. But knowing that the pistol is there is nice.

There was a match about 4 years ago that we shot at the Whitting Center (it was not RM3G).......it was another 3gun match.....a rifle stage, but you had to have a hot pistol duing all the stages.......it started raining......the stages still ran (no big thing).......the guy was down in a kneeling position with his rifle slung muzzle down (that was the start position)......well as he was standing by for the buzzer, his muzzle was sinking in the mud.......buzzer goes off....he reaches to unsling his rifle...and notices the muzzle full of mud! he knows not to fire it.....he keeps is slung, then proceeds up the hill with is 1911......he gets to the position (he was suppose to shoot about 10 targets with is rifle at 50 yrds, then hit a larue plate at 200 yrds).......he clears all the paper with is 1911, then bigger than shit, he walked in with 3 rounds and KNOCKED over the larue at 200 yrds with a 45acp. My brother was there to witness it....

So I guess, it did pay off to have a pistol loaded in a tactical match.......unless you like to zero a stage, like what would have happen in the case of the guy above if he did not have a pistol....

It is just nice to have, because you never know what will come up......it does not matter how experienced you are!

That guy should get a medal!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to reach the match organizer ? My check was cashed, but I've heard nothing yet. I emailed the address on the RM3G website over a week ago, but have not heard back yet. Not a big problem... just want to start making my travel arrangements, and want to be sure there is no glitch with my entry.

Does anyone know how to reach the match organizer ? My check was cashed, but I've heard nothing yet. I emailed the address on the RM3G website over a week ago, but have not heard back yet. Not a big problem... just want to start making my travel arrangements, and want to be sure there is no glitch with my entry.

jprm3g@yahoo.com is all that I know .

Good Luck !!

Good luck at getting a hold of the match director or any of the staff. You would think that with only 10 weeks until the match they would be posting here and letting people know as to what’s going on. With the lack of information here I’m thinking I should spend my money on a different match.

here is the email right off the www.rm3g.com website

rm3gun@yahoo.com

Attn: Steve Hulet

Yes, this is the email address I've been using - still no reply after 3 emails. I also tried the other email address at the JP Rifles website (shulet@swapacs.com) but my email got returned as undeliverable. Anyone got a phone # ?

I talked to Blane West today at our local monthly 3gun match. He says the match is on track and looking good. The stages are looking good, the prize table is building and is going to be a great one. The match is full at this time. If you wish to be on the waiting list, send your entry form and fee in. We could use a couple more good 3gun ROs as well. If you are interested in ROing, send an email to Steve Hulet, rm3gun@yahoo.com, or snail mail to the address on the website, www.rm3g.com.

see yall in Raton!

jj

I talked to Blane West today at our local monthly 3gun match. He says the match is on track and looking good. The stages are looking good, the prize table is building and is going to be a great one. The match is full at this time. If you wish to be on the waiting list, send your entry form and fee in. We could use a couple more good 3gun ROs as well. If you are interested in ROing, send an email to Steve Hulet, rm3gun@yahoo.com, or snail mail to the address on the website, www.rm3g.com.

see yall in Raton!

jj

Thanks for the follow up. Was starting to get concerned since I had not heard anything in awhile. Sounds great and looking foward to competing.

Thanks for the follow up. Was starting to get concerned since I had not heard anything in awhile. Sounds great and looking foward to competing.

I also got my confirmation back, twice. Steve Hulet changed his e-mail address, it is now this: shulet@hwacpas.com So that is what I would e-mail to with app questions. Blane did say the match is full and the prize table is good!

They are making some good (IMHO) rule changes. This is not gospel, but Blane indicated that the pistol would be allowed to be carried on all stages. If your long gun goes down, after about 20 seconds or so of frustration, the RO will allow you to finish with your pistol if need be. Pistol can have a mag inserted, but empty chamber on stages where it is not required. Also, all accessory equipment will be required to be worn on all stages. You can change positions and do not have to carry ammo you will not be using, but the ammo and mag carriers must be on you for all stages.

I also got my confirmation back, twice. Steve Hulet changed his e-mail address, it is now this: shulet@hwacpas.com So that is what I would e-mail to with app questions. Blane did say the match is full and the prize table is good!

They are making some good (IMHO) rule changes. This is not gospel, but Blane indicated that the pistol would be allowed to be carried on all stages. If your long gun goes down, after about 20 seconds or so of frustration, the RO will allow you to finish with your pistol if need be. Pistol can have a mag inserted, but empty chamber on stages where it is not required. Also, all accessory equipment will be required to be worn on all stages. You can change positions and do not have to carry ammo you will not be using, but the ammo and mag carriers must be on you for all stages.

So If I plan on using a forearm carrier for my shotgun rounds I have to wear it the whole match even if there is no shotgun on the stage? Everything else stays on my belt normally anyways but if it is a high round count shotgun stage i like to carry extra on my left forearm carrier.

So If I plan on using a forearm carrier for my shotgun rounds I have to wear it the whole match even if there is no shotgun on the stage? Everything else stays on my belt normally anyways but if it is a high round count shotgun stage i like to carry extra on my left forearm carrier.

My understanding is that it must be on your person. The location can change however. So you could put it in a pocket, but you have to carry it on every stage. Again, that is my understanding from talking to Blane. Not sure when the rules will be updated.

Edited by MarkCO

I would like to see a Tactical Shotgun rule change to allow any length barrel and magazine tube as long as you can only put nine rounds total in the weapon.

For Heavy Metal I have a Benelli Nova w/ 24" barrel and 10 rnd. mag. tube that I plugged to only hold 8 in the tube. Still not legal according to the current rules (22" barrel maximum). For Tactical I have a Benelli M2 Tactical w/ 18 1/2 " barrel and mag. tube that holds 9 rds. I am unsure if this would be legal since the mag. tube extends about 4" beyond the end of the barrel. I can make both hold only 9 rounds max. but the way they are configured is technically against the rules.

Letter of the law and intent of the law might apply in this case? Or am I better off begging for forgiveness instead of asking for permission?

Edited by Sgt