Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compensator rule.

Racinready300ex

1 hour ago, GJM said:

With about 30,000 of those USPSA members all trying to register for CO Nats!

Kidding aside, can you provide links to both USPSA and IDPA membership numbers, as I searched and couldn't find that info. IDPA is surprisingly large to me. 

Bear in mind that IDPA is using worldwide numbers and USPSA is just the US branch of IPSC. Worldwide vs. worldwide would be a much larger gap.

Edited by matteekay

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**UPDATE**

Hot off the press from my AC:

"I need to revise my answer.  If it fits in the box and makes weight it is good to go.  After market is good to use but must not by field removable.  Threaded on comp is good. Drilled ports are good."

I'm wondering if the AC's/HQ got together and made some decisions. I guess we'll see if we hear from more AC's soon...

This is interesting and I think a better interpretation of what's actually written in the rules. With the RMR coming up I'll probably plan on shooting my traditional non-comped/non-ported G 19, but will bring my comped G 19 too and ask the match staff how they've been instructed to rule it.

Assuming this interpretation holds up for the next several months I'll probably look at getting my CCP gun ported. 105 PF ported sounds not at all practical but reallllllly fun 🤣🤣

11 hours ago, matteekay said:

**UPDATE**

"I need to revise my answer.  If it fits in the box and makes weight it is good to go.  After market is good to use but must not by field removable.  Threaded on comp is good. Drilled ports are good."

I'm wondering if the AC's/HQ got together and made some decisions. I guess we'll see if we hear from more AC's soon...

That is how the rule is worded. I wonder if my AC got the memo. My guess is no. 

What states does your AC cover? Mine I think does almost the entire north east. DE, DC, MD, VA, CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, and VT. 

2 hours ago, RePete said:

I would doubt that!

The only reason I say that is he emailed me directly about a week after our last communication and said "I need to update my answer".

1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

That is how the rule is worded. I wonder if my AC got the memo. My guess is no. 

What states does your AC cover? Mine I think does almost the entire north east. DE, DC, MD, VA, CT, ME, MA, NH, NY, and VT. 

AK, ID, MT, WA, WY, CO

6 minutes ago, matteekay said:

The only reason I say that is he emailed me directly about a week after our last communication and said "I need to update my answer".

My bad but I was referring to "I guess we'll see if we hear from more AC's soon..."

19 hours ago, matteekay said:

**UPDATE**

So I could take a non-compensated gun and throw an aftermarket barrel and comp on it? Like a P229 Legion with AC heavy steel compensator? That seems so bizarre. 

26 minutes ago, -JCN- said:

So I could take a non-compensated gun and throw an aftermarket barrel and comp on it? Like a P229 Legion with AC heavy steel compensator? That seems so bizarre. 

If it:

- Is legal for that division

- Makes weight

- Fits in the box

And you:

- Are in the same area as me

Then yes.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:27 AM, matteekay said:

Bear in mind that IDPA is using worldwide numbers and USPSA is just the US branch of IPSC. Worldwide vs. worldwide would be a much larger gap.

I think USPSA as the US region of IPSC is a paper formality, I think there is money involved.

The rules are quite different and there are only a few matches shot under IPSC rules in the United States.

When I started, USPSA issued a version of IPSC rules with some US only rules in italics.  Now it is completely separate.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, RePete said:

LOL!

Does anyone know if Colorado AD is screw on compensator friendly?

Has anyone encountered an area where their AD said “no dice” recently?

Or is this becoming a standard thing that any compensator + loctite or set screws is “integrated.”

Thanks!

2 hours ago, -JCN- said:

Does anyone know if Colorado AD is screw on compensator friendly?

Has anyone encountered an area where their AD said “no dice” recently?

Or is this becoming a standard thing that any compensator + loctite or set screws is “integrated.”

Thanks!

I have direct from his mouth that screw-on is GTG.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DocMedic said:

I ran this at RMR and had zero issues at the Chrono/gear check in. Although the at home scale said with mag this was at 44.6 ounces and the scale at RMR tipped in at 44.9 😬

boomy.jpg

That's one chonky boi!

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, want2race said:

Nice to hear that Rocky was comp friendly (as the rule is written).  Working this up for that match this year.  Now to convince my AC of the same. 

20240320_142755.jpg

Nice! I think I'm gonna pull some wacky shenanigans with a CCP gun.