Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who does the best Glock Trigger Job

Philip Dedmon

Since this is just an opinion poll, I’d say the best one I’ve felt has been mine from Tactical Triggers. 

I added the increased power trigger spring and reduced power safety plunger spring. I think it pulls just under 4lbs with a defined wall. 

I like the much more positive reset compared to my Timney. I used to also have a Johnny Glock custom trigger but did not enjoy it. 

I've tried a bunch of them.  I think the overall best was the Vogel Dynamics.  Not the shortest or the lightest, but overall best with a stock striker.  Johnny Glocks duty trigger would be my second choice.  His full on competition trigger was super short/light, but too mushy for me.

I have tried several different triggers (DK, Timney) and the one I prefer is Charlie Vanek's Super Trigger (reduced pre-travel and over-travel) with a Jager lightened steel striker. I think Charlie calls this trigger his "Advanced" trigger kit now. His triggers are stone cold reliable with various primers and Charlie stands behind his products! He is a great guy too work with. DK was good, but is no longer in business. I have several Vanek triggers in various Glocks.

https://vanekcustom.com

I consulted with Johnny on how to approach my next build, he said the Timeny Alpha with his new Vex trigger is the way to go. I will post the results...I also plan on NOT doing any polishing or edge breaking just to see how good it is out of the box.

16 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

I consulted with Johnny on how to approach my next build, he said the Timeny Alpha with his new Vex trigger is the way to go. I will post the results...I also plan on NOT doing any polishing or edge breaking just to see how good it is out of the box.

I've seen pictures of the Timney coating and they look pretty "bad", mine included, but it doesn't feel gritty or sluggish. Since the Timney are np3 I didn't polish mine.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the Timney + Vex, as I love mine. 

1 hour ago, Whitefish said:

I have tried several different triggers (DK, Timney) and the one I prefer is Charlie Vanek's Super Trigger (reduced pre-travel and over-travel) with a Jager lightened steel striker. I think Charlie calls this trigger his "Advanced" trigger kit now. His triggers are stone cold reliable with various primers and Charlie stands behind his products! He is a great guy too work with. DK was good, but is no longer in business. I have several Vanek triggers in various Glocks.

https://vanekcustom.com

DK had the best trigger kit, he's no longer in business. 

Timney is okay, never tried johnny Glock, and vaneck was okay, however vaneck does not stand behind his product from my experience.  Buy at your own risk. 

Another option to look at is Zev

I’ve tried at least a half dozen, and the Vanek was my favorite in Gen3 Glocks. For some reason in my Gen5 I’ve been using the Apex kit and the MCarbo lightened springs and am happy with this combo. 

I've had a Vanek (stock striker, 4 or 4.5 lb striker spring) in my Gen 3 G34 for at least 10-15k rounds. Just got a Timney for the CO G17 Gen 5 I am assembling - haven't fired it yet but it feels like a whole different trigger compared to the Gen 3 Vanek and may fix my only real gripe with Glocks. 

• 4 months later...

I'm gonna dig through my stuff and see if I can find the person I sent my trigger to. I think it's amazing. 

Short, crisp, retains all safeties. Installed pin to shorten. Then springs and plunger is paired to switch up pull weights. 

This guy deserves the attention if I can find it. 

• 1 month later...

Tried a Johnny Glock vex trigger shoe.  Had high hopes. Was terrible.  Narrow and hurt my finger with only 50 rounds shot in a G44.  Didn't improve anything with the trigger action which wasn't the reason I bought it.  Actually bought the trigger from his codesigner buddy at Ranger Proof. Stand up guy. Full satisfaction guarantee refund.

It seems lately (about 1,000 rounds or so) I’m liking the Glock Performance Trigger, with a JG Vex trigger shoe. This combo feels good, and I no longer worry about light strikes since I can use the OEM striker spring without it affecting the pull weight. 

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

It seems lately (about 1,000 rounds or so) I’m liking the Glock Performance Trigger, with a JG Vex trigger shoe. This combo feels good, and I no longer worry about light strikes since I can use the OEM striker spring without it affecting the pull weight. 

I'm waiting on my slide to come back from getting milled to install this setup in my new 17. I've put the GPT in a 19x just to play with it, but haven't installed the JG Vex shoe yet, I want to do a comparison between the OEM, GPT, then GPT+VEX with the gun it's going to be staying in. 

22 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

I'm waiting on my slide to come back from getting milled to install this setup in my new 17. I've put the GPT in a 19x just to play with it, but haven't installed the JG Vex shoe yet, I want to do a comparison between the OEM, GPT, then GPT+VEX with the gun it's going to be staying in. 

The Vex trigger shoe is a game changer when you add it to the GPT. I know some folks don’t care for it, but it really shortens up the pre/post travel. I just ordered a second one for my backup from these guys:

https://rangerproofswag.com

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

The Vex trigger shoe is a game changer when you add it to the GPT. I know some folks don’t care for it, but it really shortens up the pre/post travel. I just ordered a second one for my backup from these guys:

https://rangerproofswag.com

Yeah, I'm excited to try it out. I'm planning to do the blue painter's tape on the trigger guard trick that JG does in his videos to show how the triggers change. I've been playing with the GPT in my 19x while waiting on my slide, and it by itself is a massive improvement over the OEM. But the first time I rode the reset, I felt the rearward movement after the slide racking - not a fan, but I don't know if I would ever actually notice that when shooting the gun and not trying to feel every part of the trigger. The Vex should remove that, so I imagine it's going to be a pretty sweet setup when it's installed. I also got the competition connector from JG, which appears to be a polished dot connector, which is what my 17 came with, so hopefully it wasn't a waste of $30. 

On 6/30/2023 at 7:31 AM, bulldog009 said:

Yeah, I'm excited to try it out. I'm planning to do the blue painter's tape on the trigger guard trick that JG does in his videos to show how the triggers change. I've been playing with the GPT in my 19x while waiting on my slide, and it by itself is a massive improvement over the OEM. But the first time I rode the reset, I felt the rearward movement after the slide racking - not a fan, but I don't know if I would ever actually notice that when shooting the gun and not trying to feel every part of the trigger. The Vex should remove that, so I imagine it's going to be a pretty sweet setup when it's installed. I also got the competition connector from JG, which appears to be a polished dot connector, which is what my 17 came with, so hopefully it wasn't a waste of $30. 

Kr375xJ.jpg

Got everything installed this morning - 

BLUE is factory gen 5, BLACK is factory GPT, red is GPT with JG Vex shoe.

First line is at rest
Second line is at the wall
Third line is overtravel stop
Fourth black is the additional after slide cycle overtravel for the factory GPT

The Vex shoe on the GPT is a pretty great setup. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but from the dry fire, it is short and crisp. There is still a bit of "mush" between the wall and break, but its a lot less than factory. I dropped the pistol a few times at a few different angles and onto the back of the slide, and it is still drop-safe. 

• 4 months later...