Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 320 Discharges Itself

dwzuspsa

4 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

I believe condition 3 is mag in gun empty chamber. 

IIRC:

With regards to 1911/2011, empty chamber w/hammer down and loaded mag is condition 3.

I'm thinking if we take a P320, for example, and rack an empty gun and pull the trigger; THEN insert a loaded mag, it would replicate condition 3 also but probably be called condition 2 with reference to a striker fired pistol.

Of course, I may be way off base here...........

🤔

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Jeff Cooper defined the "Condtions" it was:

Condition 4: Chamber empty, no magazine in the gun, hammer down, safety on.

Condition 3: Chamber empty, full magazine in place, hammer down, safety on.

Condition 2: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down, safety on.

Condition 1: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety on. Also referred to as "cocked and locked."

Condition 0: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer cocked, safety off.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, HOGRIDER said:

IIRC:

With regards to 1911/2011, empty chamber w/hammer down and loaded mag is condition 3.

I'm thinking if we take a P320, for example, and rack an empty gun and pull the trigger; THEN insert a loaded mag, it would replicate condition 3 also but probably be called condition 2 with reference to a striker fired pistol.

Of course, I may be way off base here...........

🤔

I have trouble keeping track of conditions, I prefer to think the gun is either loaded or it's not and just not do all the silly stuff in between I just don't do. 

Was just killing time catching up on the forum and wanted to add my case head failure in my 320 X5 Legion. Didn’t do any damage, as far as I can tell and it happened on the last shot fired of a COF! I love my X5 and am not dog-piling on Sigs. But it’s the first case head failure I’ve had in 15 years of reloading and shooting USPSA. Just adding data for the “hive-mind”. Merry Christmas.

C814D5C7-2D72-44F5-ACE5-781E398F989E.jpeg

I have to think that these stories are mostly human error or s#!t happens. the reason the internet keeps pushing the narrative is because they don't like sig. same things are said about glock by people that don't like them (unsafe, unsupported chambers, will blow up, etc)

Usually we see the amount of accidental discharges in the winter months when outer coats afe added....unforutunatly quals are usually in the summer and indoor ranges and training does not take into consideration the drawing and holstering with winter coats....was very prevalent when we transitioned to glock 22 for our county .