Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Axg module

Yoseppy

I talked to a SIG rep at the USCCA Expo in Fort Worth a few weeks back and asked if there were any plans for a "full size" AXG grip - he said that there was a strong possibility that would be happening. That's what I'm waiting on before buying an AXG - I'd much rather have the full length dust cover. 

1 hour ago, bulldog009 said:

I talked to a SIG rep at the USCCA Expo in Fort Worth a few weeks back and asked if there were any plans for a "full size" AXG grip - he said that there was a strong possibility that would be happening. That's what I'm waiting on before buying an AXG - I'd much rather have the full length dust cover. 

That’s good to know maybe I’ll wait then. 

I've been shooting and dry firing with my 3.9" GG AXG carry gun and the 4.7" GG Lockwood pistol the last two weeks.  IMHO, when it comes to shooting, there is no comparison.  The heavier gun shoots much softer.  Carrying all day on your hip, AXG wins as it's 14 ounces lighter.

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

I've been shooting and dry firing with my 3.9" GG AXG carry gun and the 4.7" GG Lockwood pistol the last two weeks.  IMHO, when it comes to shooting, there is no comparison.  The heavier gun shoots much softer.  Carrying all day on your hip, AXG wins as it's 14 ounces lighter.

Not to derail - but have you posted photos of that GG AXG anywhere? I'd really like to see it. 

15 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I had the TXG grip on the gun in the pic above and replaced it with the AXG. The AXG feels better in my hand and I get a better grip for better control. It also transitions faster. For me a better grip trumps more weight. It’s nice to have choices based on shooter preference.

Edited by AKJD

42 minutes ago, AKJD said:

I had the TXG grip on the gun in the pic above and replaced it with the AXG. The AXG feels better in my hand and I get a better grip for better control. It also transitions faster. For me a better grip trumps more weight. It’s nice to have choices based on shooter preference.

Absolutely.  I really like the AXG but the TXG Legion frame and TXG GGI frame point very well for me.  Even better than my 2011s.  And, the grip texture on the GGI grip is about a grippy as silicone carbide.  I love it.   But the AXG gun goes to work with me every day!!  

It is compact length. It is a very well balanced grip. Mine has Lok brass panels on it. Amazingly comfortable setup. The TXG grip will feel bulky after running this for a while. I am still running the txg on 2 other sigs though, Still like it

20221127_120810_50.jpg

I bought an AXG silver grip module at Sig Store in Epping NH for Sig Saturday...  I purchased it for $209.  I then ordered the Lok brass grips and backstrap.  I LOVE this setup over the TXG grip module.  The palm swells made it feel AMAZING!  

20 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Feels like there is a lot more to grip onto.

It really transforms the feel of the gun. I haven’t shot my blaster with the setup yet, but have shot friends blasters with the same setup. I’m excited.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...