Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Faced the widow maker and won

pskys2

Went in for a stress test, hit 154 hbm and the ekg went ballistic.   Within 6 hours had quadruple bypass surgery.  99% blockage on 2 main left side arteries and 80%+ on 2 others attached. surgeon said all others were clean.  Heart had no damage, hadn't had a heart attack.  But estimated I had less than 24 hours

Should be released on Wednesday.  My symptoms had me thinking it was an asthma bronchial flare.  Guess the guys in white coats and degrees know their stuff.

Feeling great and anxious to start the recovery process.

I plan on coming out of his a better competitor!

I know a guy that had a mild heart attack and needed same thing. When he went home he said he had not realized how weak he was before. Said he felt like a new man.

Here is to you seeing the same results!:cheers:

Had my stress test done at 58, said I was good to go . At 60 in hospital with mild attack, didn’t know there was such a thing .

Follow their instructions change diet, you’ll be fine. Glad you feel better. Get well soon.

75 this week and still at it.

1 hour ago, EEH said:

Had my stress test done at 58, said I was good to go . At 60 in hospital with mild attack, didn’t know there was such a thing .

Follow their instructions change diet, you’ll be fine. Glad you feel better. Get well soon.

My plan is to be active shooting at 75 too.

1 hour ago, EEH said:

I've always been impressed with guys like you, 75 and going strong.

Similar stats but just a triple bypass for me. Crickey it hurt ! Getting ripped apart like a piece of KFC chicken and stitched back together... all in all, 12 months till I was 'normal' again. Everyone is different though. And yeah, diet & exercise = staying alive. It's funny how many of us men forget it.

2 hours ago, Kiwishoot said:

Similar stats but just a triple bypass for me. Crickey it hurt ! Getting ripped apart like a piece of KFC chicken and stitched back together... all in all, 12 months till I was 'normal' again. Everyone is different though. And yeah, diet & exercise = staying alive. It's funny how many of us men forget it.

Had surgery Friday pm home today, only thing that hurts are the cut for the drainage tubes.  And not much.  Only takining OTC tylenol once a day.  Weird scars though.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, jrloman said:

Glad to hear you are doing well.  My father just had quadruple bypass as well on the 28th.  He is recovering well but wants to be better, I had to remind him he just had his chest cracked open 2 weeks ago.

Tell you're dad that at least for me i hit a point at 4 weeks where my energy came back.  Another few days and my cough let up.  Hint the wife has me on pineapple juice, natural not concentrate or sweetend, for the cough.  It had bromelise which is a natural cough suppressant or relaxant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, Kiwishoot said:

scar solution 🙂 (not mine)

zip_tattoo.jpg

I had open heart surgery (valve replacement) back in 2012.   At the first match after the surgery, a cardiologist we shot with wanted to see my scar.  His response was "nice zipper job".  I guess they do have a sense of humor.

• 8 months later...