Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anybody load 9MM minor "long"?

Norone

It would completely depend on the gun and magazines being used.  If you are loading your own ammo, it would be wise to load the ammo to an optimal OAL for a given gun/magazine combo.  2011/1911s tend to need to be loaded long because the dimensions are not based the 9mm round.  If you run a bunch of different guns, it could be possible to find an OAL that works in all of them but I surmise it would not be optimal for any one gun.  @CHA-LEEdid a great write up on here about OAL.  It might be worth the read.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Gen1 Atlas Hyperion. I load my 147gr RN Blue Bullets to about 1.165. I am about 900 FPS. I have no issues with them being that length. However best way to check your chamber IMO is to get a peice of once fired brass from that particular chamber/s you are loading for. Add your seed of choice, push until the rim of the case is flush then with one swift motion pull it all out. Check the length, take off about .02 on COAL. If loading for more than one chamber load for your shortest one.

Edited by Pickin
More info added

• 2 weeks later...