Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open/Production Uspsa Nationals - 2006

I think by range they mean the stages. The stages will be open for viewing at the same time as registration opens. My guess is they will have a waitlist sheet posted outside the sign-up area so people can add their names to it at 7am.

I still plan to get to the range on Tuesday afternoon, if only to familiarise myself with where it is so I don't end up driving around Oklahoma like a lost sheep.... not that sheep can drive, but you get my drift. <_<

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Paul. I did mean stages, not the range.

Registration won't open until 0900 due to some other logistic issues. We'll need to get you all in and out, though, so be ready.

The range will be open at 0800 as posted, the stages won't be open for inspection until 0900 when registration opens.

Troy

If there is one thing that we shooters can do to speed up registration it is this.

BRING A PEN :D

There are never enough pens, they always disappear and hide away in dark corners of the registration area. There may be the usual legal document or equipment sheet to sign and if everyone has a pen then there will be no delays.

I still plan to get to the range on Tuesday afternoon, if only to familiarise myself with where it is so I don't end up driving around Oklahoma like a lost sheep.... not that sheep can drive, but you get my drift. <_<

I have posted a PDF of the Yahoo driving directions to and from the match hotel to the USSA site. You can find it at http://www.usshootingacademy.com/competition/uspsa2006/

Since the range is new many GIS systems don't know where 6500 E 66th is. To make online map site searches easier, use the address for the Tulsa Police Academy which is 6066 E 66th St N, Tulsa, OK. Both facilities share a common drive.

I'm less than 200 miles due North of Tulsa and it's raining, but due to stop Wednesday. But, it's COLD! And supposed to get COLDER!

I hope you Open Guys loaded Hot, cause there's nothing to stop this cold front hitting Oklahoma but a fence row. :(

Good Luck to All.

If you see an RO named Ken Spruiell, tell him we had a blast in Iowa!

Dave

Edited by pskys2

been raining off an on here in Tulsa..temperature is not all that bad..

drove by the range to find it..

sod in the bays, crushed gravel on the drives..big tents for vendors area..

lots of areas of mud though...

Just arrived in Tulsa. After driving from Boulder I can honestly say that there is no one spot of dirt, grime or microbes on my car. I know this because I've just driven through an eleven-hour car-wash.

About 60 miles outside of Tulsa the rain was torrential. I had an almost overwhelming desire to get out of the car and build a large wooden ship and start herding animals into it.

If it's been like that at the range then we are in for a soggy match. The kind where the mud sticks to the cleats and at the end of the stage you're 2 inches taller for all the mud on the bottom of your shoes.

It feels a little muggy here, hopefully the weather will turn tomorrow and start drying things out. Maybe they can keep people off the berms until the afternoon to let the surface settle down.

Just arrived in Tulsa. After driving from Boulder I can honestly say that there is no one spot of dirt, grime or microbes on my car. I know this because I've just driven through an eleven-hour car-wash.

About 60 miles outside of Tulsa the rain was torrential. I had an almost overwhelming desire to get out of the car and build a large wooden ship and start herding animals into it.

If it's been like that at the range then we are in for a soggy match. The kind where the mud sticks to the cleats and at the end of the stage you're 2 inches taller for all the mud on the bottom of your shoes.

It feels a little muggy here, hopefully the weather will turn tomorrow and start drying things out. Maybe they can keep people off the berms until the afternoon to let the surface settle down.

of course the range is sodded and is suppose to have a very good drainage system. ;)

lynn

The Littmans are in Tulsa! We had rain for the last 2 hours, but nothing I'd call torrential. We're in the Fairfield right off of I-44 and guess what - there's a Cracker Barrel in the parking lot - we're set :) See ya'll in the morning. Or if you get lonely, give a holler. But I've got to finish my homework before I can go out and play tonight!

went to the range today just to get a dry run in and see how far it was away from the hotel (airport holiday inn). i was able to see the bays from afar and all i can say is wow! looks like the used a laser level for the berms, very strait and uniform. the ground around the bays look like sandy dirt which should drain very well. the bays are supposed to be sod but couldn't get a close enough look.

can't wait to get out there in the morning!!! i will post later tomorrow with pics as well

I'm less than 200 miles due North of Tulsa and it's raining, but due to stop Wednesday. But, it's COLD! And supposed to get COLDER!

I hope you Open Guys loaded Hot, cause there's nothing to stop this cold front hitting Oklahoma but a fence row. :(

Good Luck to All.

If you see an RO named Ken Spruiell, tell him we had a blast in Iowa!

Dave

Everybody stopped by and everybody said HI!

I'm home and pooped and I was on one of the easy stages (#3). :P

I'm sorry I missed the fun in Iowa, but I was able to see some fair shooters this week. Some of them got cheated though, because there weren't enough targets on all the stages for everyone to get to do a reload. Stage 3 only had 24 rounds and a whole bunch of them Open shooters didn't get to reload even once! ;) What a gyp! Can you imagine shooting a whole match and only getting 4 reloads for your money?? :o

For those that missed the trip to MECCA, er, um, USSA, I strongly encourage you to find some way (excuse, reason, lie) to get yourself down there sometime next year. I have certainly never seen anything like it.

The weather was just fine, although our bay faced Kansas and I think someone left the gate open in the Bob War fence a couple of times (Dave?).

Alot of what was going on in the background of the match was dirt work. It was quite an experience to see a mountain built over the course of the match. The 360 degree range will be a sight to behold when it is complete.

Time to crash. I still hear beeping in my head..... :blink: