Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Group T-900 Adjustable Speed MAG-Pouch

cbrussell

I purchased a full set last week. I am a fan used them at the Rocky Mountain 300 last weekend. 

Full disclosure I was involved in testing some of the prototypes before the T-800 launched, and like the pouch portion but bullets out didnt work for me.

Machining is top notch as expected from Henning. I don't foresee any durability issues. I find the pouches to have sufficient tension for both my production mags and CO mags. Mags still release smoothly, I personally user the technique of popping the back of the mag with my palm and pulling it straight off the pouch. Mags stay on the belt while running around. You also have the most contact with a mag you are going to get. 

if you have any specific questions let me know.

1 hour ago, cbrussell said:

It seems the ability to get more purchase on the magazines is a plus. Do you find that to be the case?

I like it, works well for my large hands. 

I've two coming tomorrow. As I had mentioned in the T-1000 thread, I have experienced problems with other brands' equipment that offered large range of adjustment but didn't retain position when set at unusual angles to the belt. I decided to test Henning's stuff on mag pouches rather then hanger to make it apples to apples comparison.

I had other magnetic pouches for single stack and loved them. Tried them on a 140mm mag for limited and they didn't really hold the mag that well. So doubt I'll try the henning ones. Small magnets and 140mm mags is asking for trouble. 

16 hours ago, Timido said:

I'm curious about the t900 pouch.   It looks more bullet forward correct If I want to run it that way

They are adjustable from bullets out to bullets forward.

10 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I had other magnetic pouches for single stack and loved them. Tried them on a 140mm mag for limited and they didn't really hold the mag that well. So doubt I'll try the henning ones. Small magnets and 140mm mags is asking for trouble. 

The magnets change by the mag for these. So the SS have 2 small magnets, CZ is a big and a small (I had no issues with 140s) Sig and 2011 pouches have 2 big magnets. Henning has been using them with 170s in open and I didnt see him lose a single mag last week at RM300.

Edited by Foxj66

8 hours ago, Foxj66 said:

The magnets change by the mag for these. So the SS have 2 small magnets, CZ is a big and a small (I had no issues with 140s) Sig and 2011 pouches have 2 big magnets. Henning has been using them with 170s in open and I didnt see him lose a single mag last week at RM300.

Hmm. Well I may just have to get one then. 

I just received one of these.  They seem pretty solid.  Mags may come loose if hit or bumped, but not from running or moving.  Very adjustable.  I can orient it so that my hand hits the mag perfectly as dropped from the gun going for a reload, which should translate to better reloads overall.  We'll see how it goes.

You all setting your with a loctite? This is mine after about one week of dry fire and one live fire session. This is a factory tension and setup, I never touched two screws that got loose

I asked Henning a couple questions the other day on FB about the t-900.  Went ahead and ordered one.  Played around with it a little and set it up.  I used blue loctite on the fasteners.  Shot a match today in Open with  a Czechmate.  I had a full 140 mag In it all day long.    Not a single problem it was in there solid. Even had a prone stage.  4 reloads on the clock.  They were very natural.   These little things are expensive but very well built .  My 2 cents.  

received_804600040529562.jpeg

Edited by Timido
Add picture

13 hours ago, YVK said:

You all setting your with a loctite? This is mine after about one week of dry fire and one live fire session. This is a factory tension and setup, I never touched two screws that got loose

I have not yet, but I will once I'm sure I won't be making any more adjustments.

Shot a match with it yesterday and didn't have any problems.  No prone positions, but a lot of running around.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:20 AM, Furrly said:

I've shot 2 matches and several dry fir sessions, so far so good.. It sits higher then my other mags, takes some getting used to. 

That's exactly my experience as well.  It's not terrible though because the entire mag is exposed so even when I've missed my grip it hasn't been a total whiff.

23 hours ago, clw42 said:

That's exactly my experience as well.  It's not terrible though because the entire mag is exposed so even when I've missed my grip it hasn't been a total whiff.

You can lower them as well. They have a total of 4 heights that they can be set up with.

33 minutes ago, Foxj66 said:

You can lower them as well. They have a total of 4 heights that they can be set up with.

I will have to look more closely.  I did not see that adjustment.  To be fair, I didn't really look that hard either, I pretty much slapped it on, aligned it the way that felt most comfortable and went with it.  Thank you!!

1 hour ago, clw42 said:

I will have to look more closely.  I did not see that adjustment.  To be fair, I didn't really look that hard either, I pretty much slapped it on, aligned it the way that felt most comfortable and went with it.  Thank you!!

Basically you flip the belt mount for 2 heights and then you can flip the adjustment part for 2 more heights. He has a picture showing the four heights on the website.

https://www.henningshop.com/T-900_AMS_it-1510919.aspx?CAT=13737

I’ve been running 3 of these for a few matches now, they are great, switching from the DAA Xi’s, the release is so much smoother just grabbing the mag is more natural. I have mine set up so the mag sits in the lowest position, the quality of these are great just like the holster hanger which I highly recommend as well, just wish they came in the same colors as the base pads.

2 hours ago, mveto said:

I’ve been running 3 of these for a few matches now, they are great, switching from the DAA Xi’s, the release is so much smoother just grabbing the mag is more natural. I have mine set up so the mag sits in the lowest position, the quality of these are great just like the holster hanger which I highly recommend as well, just wish they came in the same colors as the base pads.

I would definitely have to retrain myself to grab them off instead of slide. I really want to try one.