S&W M&P

Patrick Sweeney

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have the Blade Tech M&P holsters in 5 different configurations in stock, in right and left hand. Tek-Lok, Stingray, DOH Tek-Lok, DOH Stingray and Paddle. Speed Shooter Specialties

All of those??

In Stock???

WOW!!!

Thanks for the Heads Up!!

Must call sometime this week!!

Heck, I have nothing better to do while I lay on my a$$ and recover from Surgery :angry::angry:

Y

if the MP holds up and proves to be reliable and durable, Smith has a real winner here.

:)

I don't why it shouldn;t be as durable as any other S&W!!

I really think they "DO" have a winner here!!

I'm very impressed with the one I have, that's why I'm getting another one :D

And a Compact 9 for carry!!

Shot mine again today at the range after the match and again was very pleased with the pistol. Let a couple of buddies run some rounds through it as well and both commented on how well the gun feels in the hand and how well it shoots.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, if the MP holds up and proves to be reliable and durable, Smith has a real winner here.

:)

I agree. Columbus Ohio PD and Dallas/Ft Worth Airport PD just switched to them and Columbus had done some testing. They shot 60,000 rounds out of 6 MP's w/out 1 malfunction. They also shot 2500 rounds out of 1 MP in 40 minutes w/out any malfunction of any kind.

...and they were already a S&W customer too.

Moreso, after seeing the Columbus City Council in action (banning "assualt weapons")...I feel confident that decision were driven by something other than logic (they did "some range work" to get show off some BS when banning assualt weapons too...I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them)

I'm not knocking the gun (at all)...

I spoke with Ernest Langdon after the A6 3 gun this weekend. He shot his M&P .40. He said that his M&P has many thousands of rounds through it with no issues. He made major with factory Blazer Brass ammo.

Dan's sights appear to be Heinie's with the serrations. Not bad and definitely better than what is on them now, but not ideal for me. I shot Heinie's for quite a while and they were fine, but after switching to Warren/Sevigny sights (no serrations, back cut for no glare, smooth matte black), the Heinie's w/ serrations now really bother me.

I didnt notice it before, but after shooting the WTS with such a clean look, now looking at Heinie serrations on the rear really distracts my eyes.

I will say, the ones Dan has are better than what's on them currently, hands down.

I was just catching up on the reloading bench thread when I realized this thread is approaching it in posts and pages.

Pretty amazing since the reloading benches thread was started in 2003 and this one isn't even a year old yet.

Of course the benches thread is way way ahead in the views.

Dan

I was just catching up on the reloading bench thread when I realized this thread is approaching it in posts and pages.

Pretty amazing since the reloading benches thread was started in 2003 and this one isn't even a year old yet.

As far as I'm concerned, the M&P has earned it's notoriety. It's, right out of the box production ready condition, made it well worth talking about. It has virtually no recoil. The trigger is fine (but not great) right out of the box, and it weights close to nothing. SOMEBODY STOP ME BEFORE I END UPGOING TO WORK FOR S&W!! Anyway, you get the point. S&W needed this to get forgiveness from the shooting community for it's butt kissing ways when zar Clinton was in office.

Edited by Ray_Z

Well, I'm sold and hooked on the M&P40 now. I've had a borrowed gun for about 2-3 weeks now. I shot the IDPA Florida-Georgia Border Disorder with it yesterday. I was only a couple of brain fades away from not only winning my class, but the division as well. There is a night and day difference in my shooting with this gun. Needless to say the guy I borrowed the gun from now has to go buy a new one for himself :o

As far as I'm concerned, the M&P has earned it's notoriety. It's, right out of the box production ready condition, made it well worth talking about. It has virtually no recoil. The trigger is fine (but not great) right out of the box, and it weights close to nothing. SOMEBODY STOP ME BEFORE I END UP

GOING TO WORK FOR S&W!! Anyway, you get the point. S&W needed this to get forgiveness from the shooting community for it's butt kissing ways when zar Clinton was in office.

Hey, I case you don't know it, Dan has earned a name as a great M&P Gunsmith and his Triger jobs are amongs the best!!!

He also makes M&P Sights!!

Shameless Plug for a Buddy

www.burwellgunsmithing.com

I hope the polymer used in the frame is as good as that in the Glock. I know the polymer in the SW99 is, in my opinion, junk. I have seen the results of two case head separations on the SW99 and both blew a triangular piece of frame out of the right side destroying the frame. These were not double charges (I've seen the results of two of those too). Both were, in my opinion, the result of using Glocked brass reloads. I have also been witness to a Glock case head separation. It blew the magazine out and the extractor off. No damage to the frame. The owner said it was the second time it had happened to that gun. Replaced the extractor because we couldn't find it. Otherwise the Glock was no worse for wear. Now I'm no great Glock fan but they are tough. I hope the M&P frame is just as tough.

I hope the M&P frame is just as tough.

I think only time will tell on that one, but I've hard of a couple of PD's and folks have done extensive torture tests on M&P's and they have come out with flying colors!!

But again, only time will tell.

I hope they are tough, because I'm shooting one in PD.

Y

I shot my new M&P 9 and I like it a lot. Like every other box stock pistol I've handled, it does need a trigger job and new sights.

I just sent mine off to Dan Burwell for a trigger job and he's putting his new rear sight on it as well. I just need to find a new front sight.

I shot my new M&P 9 and I like it a lot. Like every other box stock pistol I've handled, it does need a trigger job and new sights.

I just sent mine off to Dan Burwell for a trigger job and he's putting his new rear sight on it as well. I just need to find a new front sight.

Dan Carries Fiber Optic Front Sights!!

I guess they are from Speed Shooters Specialties.

He's putting one on mine too :D

Now, Eric, get off your Hind End and make some tape for the M&P backstraps!!

Y

I heard from a friend who talks to Scott Warren frequently that the first production M&P sight run should be ready in 4 weeks. Not sure how long it takes to get to dealers after that.

AWESOME!!

I've been meaning to contact Scott, but I've been swamped with work, & IT's midnight by the time I remember.

Y