Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Nationals Dates

Turns out I had one thing wrong in my original post--according to the official website info, Revolver division will be in PASA with L and L-10 in September.

(I edited my original post to reflect this correction.)

Edited by Carmoney

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a map to the range in Tulsa? I have tried USSA web site with no results.

JimmyK

Yeah, I know. If they plan on running part of the Nationals, they really need to update their website! Not much works on the website right now. :unsure:

Hi guys,

It's true that I posted the Nationals dates yesterday and then took them down an hour or so later. I had been given the okay to post around noon and spent the afternoon updating the site. Then there were some last minute planning changes that came through via email from Voigt around 4:30 pm that forced a complete rewrite of what I had there.

I realize you're trying to be helpful with snapshots of the page, etc, but there was a reason that information was taken down. Passing along misinformation is likely to cause confusion and serious discontent if someone makes plans based on a snapshot rather than the real thing.

I intend to get the left sidebar jam packed with more Nationals info than you can click a mouse at by the end of today, I promise. Just hang in there a little longer.

Thanks! We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

:) Kim Williams

I realize you're trying to be helpful with snapshots of the page, etc, but there was a reason that information was taken down. Passing along misinformation is likely to cause confusion and serious discontent if someone makes plans based on a snapshot rather than the real thing.
well...perhaps you should have posted some kind of a note after you had taken it down. once it was posted, someone could have made decisions based on that...without ever knowing that you later took it down to make changes.

I get the impression that Kim, like the rest of us, is very anxious to have the official dates/times/places out there and that she has very little control over the process herself. Thanks Kim for doing your best to get the approved info. out there as soon as you can.

Personally, I'm becoming more frustrated by the lack of communication between our President and the shooters than I am by the delay in getting the dates set. I can understand that problems can arise when negotiating contracts and that things take time to work out, but surely we could have been given some sort of progress report or interim updates. This isn't a supermarket grand opening where we all have to wait for the ribbon to be cut. If you have two venues worked out and you're still working on the third then let people know. Would it really hurt negotiations to say "Three gun is this date here, Open and Production are this date here, and we're still working on Lim, L-10, etc."

Oh well, back to waiting.

Below is an email exchange that I had. Start at the bottom and work up to go in chronological order...

(Oddly enough...this was a few days ago, and MV predicted the issue with posting too soon.)

------------------------

Hello Kyle,

We are all trying to get matches on the calendar as quickly as possible. One of the problems we have run into with announcing the dates/locations as early as possible, was changes after the announcement. I am making sure we are clear of major conflict with the ranges, cities, hotels, etc before announcing dates and venues this year.

I am VERY close to having those details nailed down and announcements will be on the USPSA webpage the moment we are confirmed.

I will also have 2007 dates and locations nailed down far earlier as well.

Michael Voigt

President@uspsa.org

909 548-3355 Office

909 266-8005 Fax

----------------------------------

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 6:27 PM

To: dave-uspsa....

Cc: President@uspsa.org

Subject: Re: Online poll

------------------------------

Dave, It looks like your email may have only went to "us in the loop"...Section Coordinators ?

Do you need this forwarded on to the membership?

Also, if you are looking for feedback...the biggest grip I am hearing right now is that the Nationals don't get announced a year in advance. Guys can't put in for vacation...other Majors can't schedule their matches. (I am in that boat for the Ohio Section match as well...I can't go to the local club's BOD and give them a date request. We might get pushed out.)

Here is a typical response, seen recently:

"I'm sure it's a petty thing to do but I'll take the time to complete the new membership survey just as soon as they take the time to help me out with some dates and locations. I'm not even worried about my own vacation time but I'm trying to avoid some major scheduling foul ups for major matches in the south east and I'm not getting much help from anyone on that."

Just an FYI that I'm sure you've heard before.

I think members understand that USPSA needs some wiggle room on negotiation the contract. They just want it done a year (6-months, even) sooner.

Have fun,

Kyle F.

Ohio SC

-----------------------------

Subject: Online poll

Dear Friends,

The office staff has almost daily contact with sponsors, Front Sight advertisers, writers and video producers, and others wanting to learn more about this organization and its members. In a recent case the editor of a national newsletter aimed at shooting industry leaders asked for demographic information about our members as material for an article.

Unfortunately the information we do have is limited. We need to expand our knowledge of who our members are and to keep that data fresh. It is also, of course, vitally important that our member?s identities and personal information be protected. Both our bylaws and common decency demand it.

The solution is the on-line poll now being conducted at www.uspsa.org. The polling system that gives us the ability to collect data is designed to protect individual privacy and anonymity. This system also ensures the integrity of the information by preventing individual members from filling it out more than once. It won?t tell us what you said on the questionnaire, only that you completed it.

Please help us build the sport. Take a few minutes to the form. Your personal information will be protected, but USPSA will benefit from knowing more about our members. Also you, the leaders of our sport, should urge your club and section members to visit the web site and take the poll.

We are going to have one or more door prizes which will be raffled off to those participating in this survey - we'll have details on the specifics within a few days.

Thank you.

Dave Thomas, Executive Director

United States Practical Shooting Association

PO Box 811

Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284

(360) 855-2245

(360) 855-0380 (FAX)

www.uspsa.org

dave@uspsa.org

Okay, to everyone lighting torches and getting pitchforks and rope: I know we said that we would post the info today but due to circumstances outside of my control that was simply not possible. I just wanted to give you all a head's up that I have a training workshop tomorrow, but if the powers that be get things sorted out while I'm gone, I'll get the details posted as soon as I get back into town tomorrow night. Sorry for any inconvenience, heartburn and general malaise. I know you guys want this important information as soon as possible and that's completely understandable. Hang in there!

Kim