Tulsa, OK

Wed. Oct. 11, AM registration, shooting starts after lunch

Sat. Oct. 14, finish shooting around noon, awards and prize table that evening

Edited by Carmoney

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there hotels, restaurants & an airpost in Tulsa? - then again, I suppose anywhere in the US would have more hotel space than Barry. Seems like a wise choice by Sedro & I am looking forward to it (regrets to those who are adversely affected). Tulsa, here I come (provided I can obtain a slot).

EDIT: looks like current population of Tulsa is: 393,049 With a city of that size, there should be plenty of everything.

Edited by Carlos

Here's what I'm hearing:

Limited and Limited-10

PASA, Barry, IL

Wed. Sept. 13, AM registration, shooting starts after lunch

Sat. Sept. 16, finish shooting around noon, awards and prize table that evening

Open, Production, Revolver

Tulsa, OK

Wed. Oct. 11, AM registration, shooting starts after lunch

Sat. Oct. 14, finish shooting around noon, awards and prize table that evening

I am glad it is not Tulsa in July- This format works great, Tulsa is a nice place to shoot.

so you're telling me that someone in a leadership position actually though it made good sense to have Lim / L10 be one match. :rolleyes: WOW.

At least this year the split made sense. <_< I was kinda hoping we had found the new mix.

well, I suppose next year, it'll be something brilliant like Open / Lim / L10 and then a month later all those thousands of Prod / and wheel gunners can have their own match. :D

sorry, it's late, I'm cranky. :unsure:

Edited by dirtypool40

so you're telling me that someone in a leadership position actually though it made good sense to have Lim / L10 be one match. :rolleyes: WOW.

Uh, well, the people that want to win prizes will shoot L10 and the people that want to compete will shoot Limited.

i assume bend in sept

I would hope so. Bend in October could be rather unpleasant if the weather gods decide to have some fun.

On the other hand, 3-gun in the snow could actually be kinda fun.

I would imagine Bend will probably be a bit earlier in the year than October or September. USPSA wouldn't want to contradict with two Nationals in the same month in different states, I would hope. August is out because of DPMS and Rocky Mountain. July sounds like a really nice time of year to be in Bend.

Uh, well, the people that want to win prizes will shoot L10 and the people that want to compete will shoot Limited.

Ding ding ding!!! No more calls please, we have a winner. B)

Look at the difference in the field between L10 in 2004's "one gun" nationals and this year.

Edited by dirtypool40

Personal preference for me.

One large match, make your choice and shoot it.

Second choice for a split Nationals is Open-Limited (Both are standard capacity matches) and L-10, Production, SS, Revolver (All are reduced capacity matches)

A couple reasons:

One, I like it this way, that is simple enough :)

Two, Places that cannot host the Open-Limited CAN host the L-10, Production, SS, Rev match, i.e., NJ, MD, HI, CA, NY

Third, I like it this way.

Forth, One big match, One big set-up, One big travel mess, One big week off, One logistical nightmare rather than two.

Barry in September is OK, not been to Oklahoma, yet. Will have to see how the rest of the schedule holds up to see if I can swing two weeks off 4 weeks apart, not to mention the travel time and expense. Barry is a long one day drive, OK is not, it is a flight and a car rental.

Obviously the fact that we evidently sold out the back-to-back last year and if I understand it correctly did not go into the red was a good thing.

If there were one thing I would like to see it would be a little bit more pomp and circumstance surrounding the awards, maybe a bit of spit and polish? Not saying we need black tie, but how about at least a minimum dress code? Something that would make for good press?

Jim Norman

If there were one thing I would like to see it would be a little bit more pomp and circumstance surrounding the awards, maybe a bit of spit and polish? Not saying we need black tie, but how about at least a minimum dress code? Something that would make for good press?

+1

I also think the trophies could use a redesign, it's basically a piece of wood with a large bti of plastic stuck on the front. It looks terrible/tacky

Ding ding ding!!! No more calls please, we have a winner. B)

Hey, dammit!!! I take offense to that!!! <_<<_<:lol::lol::lol: I can't help it if my gun only holds 10 rounds... :o:rolleyes::D

Of course, that just means it's even more shameful when I beat up on guys with a fat gun shooting Limited.... hee hee :D

well, Dave, I meant no offense. It just don't make no sense. Split Lim and L10 away from each other so the top guys don'thave to choose. I want to finish well because I shot well, not because I picked the softer field.

Not to overstate the obvious but L10 shouldgo away and Single stack should have it's own Nats. DUH!!!