Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more issues

konkapot

19 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

My personal opinion would be to ditch it.  Get a new frame mount and some other optic.    You could send it back in for warranty repair or just general repair but best bet would be to just move away from it and get something more modern. 

Those things are built like tanks and still preferred by plenty. I would send it in for repair IF you are sure the battery is good. 

2 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Those things are built like tanks and still preferred by plenty. I would send it in for repair IF you are sure the battery is good. 

They’re great dots. Especially if you like a large MOA.   I just think there’s better options out there these days for open guns.  

The smaller dots have some advantages (easier to deal with the ejection, better battery life, less height over bore on an upright dot.) vs the old Cmore which also have some advantages (has a larger window in general, is maybe somewhat more reliable than some of the small dots (I've killed several of the rts2s, at least one deltapoint pro, and one sig romeo3 max so far.)

I wouldn't switch if I had the old cmore, but if I were building a new gun I would go with a microdot (I have a romeo3 max on my current gun.))

I don't I know what cmore charges for a repair these days but it used to be like 100 which is probably cheaper than the cost of a new dot and mount.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 7:05 PM, konkapot said:

My non-click switch on my C-more will dim the dot during shooting; usually only during hard pairs or bill drills. 

I do not see a replacement switch available. Any suggestions?

Maybe you bought cless  instead of cmore 😉

You've got oil in the potentiometer or excessive wear.  The only long term solution is replacement of the board or pot, but you can add some friction by putting on one of the extended knobs, especially with an o-ring underneath.  Sometimes you can blast the oil out with PCB cleaner.

Here's a 15+ year-old thread on replacing the pot.   It's not difficult, but fiddly because you have to modify the pot itself to turn all the way off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 12:05 PM, konkapot said:

My non-click switch on my C-more will dim the dot during shooting; usually only during hard pairs or bill drills. 

I do not see a replacement switch available. Any suggestions?

Mine eats batteries on a weekly basis.  I am currently finding alternative mounts for my gun and chasing to a different optic.