Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 optics ready or Shadow 2 orange and mill the slide?

CSoupene

First post here. I'm looking at giving the USPSA production gun class a try this year. I've narrowed down my choice between these the two in the title. I'm not new to shooting but my eyes are getting older and thinking optics is probably where I'm going to end up at haha. My question is the better trigger and the barrel bushing worth it on the Orange? Also for those of you that have experience with these two what's your overall thoughts on them? I know you can work the trigger over on the blue, but can you make it shoot as accurate as the Orange? 

Thanks! 

As an S2 Orange owner, I would consider calling Stuart at CZ Custom and considering one of these:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-accu-optic-rds.html

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-orange-optic-rds.html

IMO, the S2 Accu Optic RDS is more bang for your buck!

Good luck!

👍

8 hours ago, CSoupene said:

First post here. I'm looking at giving the USPSA production gun class a try this year. I've narrowed down my choice between these the two in the title. I'm not new to shooting but my eyes are getting older and thinking optics is probably where I'm going to end up at haha. My question is the better trigger and the barrel bushing worth it on the Orange? Also for those of you that have experience with these two what's your overall thoughts on them? I know you can work the trigger over on the blue, but can you make it shoot as accurate as the Orange? 

Thanks! 

I'd go with an SP01 w/Cajun reach reduction and short reset trigger work, a good trigger job, competition hammer and low profile fixed sights.  Grips of your choice, I like thin aluminum. Shoot ~500 rnds in practice, disassemble completely and start polishing.  ~11 lb MS for ~100% reliable ignition with any primer.  If you want 100% use a 13 lb MS.

Orange is nice, but for uspsa the bushing doesn't make that big of a difference. Optics ready is nice so you can switch optics if needed or run the gun in production. Can't go wrong either way but id probably go optics ready and get an optic then you'd be close to the cost of a s2o

If you really want to get the S2 Orange, just get it milled at CZ Customs for their optic plate system. They have a cover plate with Rear sights, just in case you decide to stay with irons. 
thank you, 

Mark Santos

If you are wanting to shoot production, make sure any custom, non-CZ factory gun is legal. CZ Customs is not official CZ, although they do collaborate. And CZC is a great company to work with. But not many of their custom editions are production legal. 

I've only owned the S2O, so can't compare to the Blue or OR. But I'm very happy I got the S2O. I had it milled by CGW for a direct optics mount, no plate. Great CO production legal gun! Trigger is incredible. 

Thanks everyone, I found a local shop that had the blue optics ready local so I went and checked it out and ended up bringing it home lol. It’s easier for me to put the short reset trigger parts in it than it is to mill the slide. Put 250 rounds through it today and the factory trigger is already much better than it was. I actually like it minus the creep and long reset. 
    Is Cajun gunworks the place to go for the trigger parts or should I look at others? 

2 minutes ago, CSoupene said:

Thanks everyone, I found a local shop that had the blue optics ready local so I went and checked it out and ended up bringing it home lol. It’s easier for me to put the short reset trigger parts in it than it is to mill the slide. Put 250 rounds through it today and the factory trigger is already much better than it was. I actually like it minus the creep and long reset. 
    Is Cajun gunworks the place to go for the trigger parts or should I look at others? 

Cajun Gunworks (CJW) makes excellent parts with great support..........

IMO, CZ Custom or CJW would be great choices!

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fire-control.html

👍

Ok thanks again Hogrider! I’m already loving this one! Just a few little adjustments and it’ll be awesome! Going to be ordering the parts in the morning along with an optic and mount. Think I’m going to try the Romeo 3 XL due to the wide window. 

3 minutes ago, CSoupene said:

Ok thanks again Hogrider! I’m already loving this one! Just a few little adjustments and it’ll be awesome! Going to be ordering the parts in the morning along with an optic and mount. Think I’m going to try the Romeo 3 XL due to the wide window. 

Sounds like an excellent game plan!  Good luck with your project!

👍:)

On 2/11/2022 at 12:52 PM, HOGRIDER said:

As an S2 Orange owner, I would consider calling Stuart at CZ Custom and considering one of these:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-accu-optic-rds.html

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-orange-optic-rds.html

IMO, the S2 Accu Optic RDS is more bang for your buck!

Good luck!

👍

Timely.....was just thinking on this.

I too, am finally messing with a Shadow 2. The SA is squishy, I have been spoiled with glass breaking 1911s, 2011s, Tanfoglios, and Tac Sports.

So, I suggest getting the short-reset disco if you don't get the S2O, which comes with CZC stuff I believe.

7 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

I too, am finally messing with a Shadow 2. The SA is squishy, I have been spoiled with glass breaking 1911s, 2011s, Tanfoglios, and Tac Sports.

So, I suggest getting the short-reset disco if you don't get the S2O, which comes with CZC stuff I believe.

nothing the race hammer and some polishing can solve! trigger can be made close to perfection

I think as a new USPSA shooter you will be juuuust fine with the OR. Some trigger work and a barrel bushing will run you a few hundred bucks and you’ll have an amazing shooter. 

I just got an OR and it’s great. I’ve had a regular S2 since they first came out and I love it. Full Cajun package and barrel bushing and it shoots better than I can for sure.